Power Supply Dynamo Mini/HDPlex Internal PSU for S4 mini/skyreach

Ytterbium

Case Bender
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
I would like to use an internal PSU with my GTX1060 3GB and i5-7500. this is 185W in theroy but no power for anything else.

Would the HDPlex 160 be OK for this build? How would the upcoming C8 connector work?

If the Dynamo is 200W this would be perfect but there isn't a PSU for it?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
You could use the Meanwell EPP-200-24 for this application if you're comfortable with the custom wiring and crimping you would need to do as well as feeling safe working with an open frame PSU. Likely the current revision of the HDPlex 160W AC-DC isn't going to handle that combo over time. There are/were plans for a more robust version to match the HDPlex 300W AC-DC (higher spike capacity, more leeway in current drawn), but I don't know where that is at right now.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
You could have one 160W feeding the Dynamo Mini and a second one feeding the Dynamo 360 if you wanted. That would give you 320W and a rough power budget around 220W for the GPU. At this time you can't merge two AC-DC units into a single line, but I am in the process of developing a unit that does this as a part of my product stack. That being said, I don't see it being available before March.

Reactions: Biowarejak