Concept Double VESA monitor stand for DIY aioPC

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Hey, what about a minimalistic monitor stand on which you can mount a monitor in the front AND a itx case in the back. It will be universal as long as you have VESA mounte on both units.

1. Steel or Alu
2. Quick removable or solid screwed together
3. Handle for transport?!

Please let me hear what you think!

Chris

Edit: mount them like an anti vibration rubber thing like on HDDs in a key hole. Tomorrow i will show my first renderings

Last edited:
Reactions: ErickM425

ErickM425

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 22, 2017
Yes, i was thinking something similar too, like you can mount cases like the NFC S4 mini or similar layout cases on the back of the monitor and have a super clean setup.

The closest thing i found that can do this is something like this:

But with this you need two of those VESA mount which idk if you can buy it separatly and mounting the case behind will take a lot of space and push the monitor toward the user. So something slim would be cool.

Love the idea of the handle and those robber thing.

And for the mounting of the case on the back or both too, i was thinking using a similar deisgn of a TV wall mount like this:

So you can just quick pull up the PC for maintenance and won't have the problem of screwing both thing together.

Now thinking again you can design a stand that can mount two of these thing for the case and monitor. Is quite slim so it won't take up that much space plus a high adjustable mechanism would be perfect.

Edit: Looking foward the rendering tomorrow, maybe you already have something similar XD.

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Thank You fir the feedback! So i think it wont be hight adjustable. Mabe some (3?) different mounting points but not that kind of, like you know it from adjustable monitor stands...

Jup, i love these rubber things, too. The anti vibration plus the quick removal might be THE solution for this projekt.

I am really into that minimalism thing and - just like you said - into sleak desktop setups.

What about the handle? It will be much cheaper without, cause using less material.

I couldnt do the pictures today, got a project in between... I am really sorry for that

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
There it is. very Mac-like but the minimalistic sleak design that i wanted. three possible positions for the monitor (hight adjustment) and at one of the other two you can mount yor PC in the back.

As you see there is a handle.

What do you think?

Last edited:

ErickM425

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 22, 2017
There it is. very Mac-like but the minimalistic sleak design that i wanted. three possible positions for the monitor (hight adjustment) and at one of the other two you can mount yor PC in the back.

As you see there is a handle.

What do you think?
Looking good man but how you gonna mount both thing? like once you mount the monitor you won't be able to mount the case anymore unless you use those TV wall mount/smilar design i previously mentioned or are you gonna use some special mounting screw?

The handle is not necessary, for me i have no problem moving the whole thing without it and in the picture it looks kinda ugly like you probably will see it on top of the monitor if you mount a 24 inch monitor.

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Okay, no handle. You can just hang the things in. The rubbers will be screwed directly into the pieces and those will hang into the keyholes in the stand. So you have the opportunity to choose between the three mounting positions for the monitor...