Does no one make an adapter from a CRPS server PSU to ATX?

Dr0ne

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
It seems unfathomable to me that this product is not already on the market
I'm thinking a CRPS cage for the PSU to slide into with standard ATX cables coming out but my searches are coming up completely empty...

I've seen a couple people modding server PSUs - Is there really nothing available? What if I wanted to run a standard ATX Motherboard in a 1U CRPS Chassis? It's been quite awhile since I've worked in a computer room but still.... maybe I've forgotten something simple?

Dr0ne

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
It seems that they come in a few lengths? Again, it's been many a year since I spec'd a server...
Dimensions: 40 mm x 73 mm x 185 mm (W x H x D) (1.57” x 2.87” x 7.28”)

evadne

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2020
I'm thinking a CRPS cage for the PSU to slide into with standard ATX cables coming out but my searches are coming up completely empty...

I've seen a couple people modding server PSUs - Is there really nothing available? What if I wanted to run a standard ATX Motherboard in a 1U CRPS Chassis? It's been quite awhile since I've worked in a computer room but still.... maybe I've forgotten something simple?
Yes the breakout boards from Parallel Miner etc would be the 1st choice but the main problem is that they usually have too many PCIe outlets and no ATX for us SFF builders :p

I also saw this — “the CRPS 550W / 800W redundant power supply comes with an adapter that allows it to become the Standard ATX format.” per https://unykach.com/en/power-supply/redundant-power-supply-crps-800w-92-efficiency-psucrps800wr/

Reactions: Dr0ne

Lakimakromedia

Caliper Novice
Mar 21, 2019
Answer is simple, use Pico PSU. Use this server psu, adapter, or just solder by yourself connection, and Pico.
My node with server psu

Reactions: Dr0ne

Dr0ne

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
Answer is simple, use Pico PSU. Use this server psu, adapter, or just solder by yourself connection, and Pico.
My node with server psu

I was considering using one of the PCIe Adapters, then a Pico PSU running off a pair of those. Also considering doing some of my own soldering but my personal electrical engineer and I aren't talking atm (You'd think a 60 year old dad and his 38 year old son would be able to act like adults by now).

Thank-you everyone for your helpful replies!

ninaleechie

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 6, 2021

Delta Makes one. I see them on Ebay and other places. I think they are not easy to get direct but many people sell them pulled from existing servers.