Doctor Case Mark "x" ; Full length video card and mini itx components to create the "smallest case in the world" printable with a 3d printer

Scapin89

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Mar 18, 2020
Hello to all fans of ultra compact PCs but with full power! I state that I am Italian is that the text is translated.
I have always had the passion to create my smallest PC possible and after having purchased my 3D printer and started modeling the PC case I am experimenting with the smallest PC case in the world! ?
From what I know the smallest in the world with full length video card is the velka 5 with 5.7 liters of volume (practically impossible to find) followed by the sentry itx (in my possession) of 6.9 liters to get to the dan a4 with 7.2 liters.
My project started by printing the components of the pc in 1:10 scale ? with the 3d printer to find the best match to make everything fit in as little space as possible, the result is that the best match I found is similar to velka (the most little note).

For now the model is open on the facades (I like it, the components are beautiful to look at)
After creating, modeling and printing the first model (code name: "Doctor Case Mark I" ?‍??‍⚕️) I immediately noticed certain bug fixes to be fixed so I modified the project and added space for 3 40mm fans of the noctua for the heat produced by the video card and increased the structure of the pc case.
I reprinted the "second model" and the result was excellent in my opinion.

The "compatible" components are:
- mini itx motherboard
- CPU cooler height 37mm (noctua l9i or a compatible also with ryzen 3950x or i9 9900k, obviously no overclocking)
- ram max 40mm high (Crucial Ballistix rgb are fine)
- psu solo sf (i have a corsair sf600)
- no SSD but only the nvme present in the motherboard
- video card up to 296mm (approx.) I have a 2080ti rtx

Doctor Case Mark I:
307mm x 113mm x 175mm = 6.07l

Doctor Case Mark II:
301mm x 110mm x 172mm = 5.69l (passed the Velka 5!)

I am already working on the third model to reduce the volume if possible and with further bug fixes and embellishments (I wanted to create an interchangeable part with printable 3d objects)

I wanted to share my project with you, I attach the photos!

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
looks fantastic! I love when cases push the envelope.

what printer are you using? I'm working on a case to house different hardware but it's almost the same dimensions!

Reactions: Scapin89

bhk1004

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
This is amazing... and making me want to buy a 3d printer. I have been contemplating for years at this point.

keep up the good work buddy!

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Thanks!!

Prusa i3 pro b

a cheap but really functional printer
nice!

I realized a few hours after your reply that the case is printed in halves, originally I thought you were printing in one piece

depending on your goals you could squeeze out some space by using a meanwell power supply, which I'm doing for my case. using an epp300-c + pico psu might save a little space. though if you do that it's no longer standard components.

Scapin89

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Mar 18, 2020
This is amazing... and making me want to buy a 3d printer. I have been contemplating for years at this point.

keep up the good work buddy!

I took the printer mainly to print the case, I have always wanted to customize the case and with the printer you can really easily do what you want, if you also want to print the case, I advise you very much, you would have a great satisfaction !

Scapin89

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Mar 18, 2020
[QUOTE = "Curiosità, post: 192986, membro: 397"]
simpatico!

Mi sono reso conto poche ore dopo la tua risposta che il caso è stato stampato a metà, inizialmente pensavo che tu stessi stampando in un unico pezzo

a seconda dei tuoi obiettivi potresti spremere un po 'di spazio usando un alimentatore meanwell, che sto facendo per il mio caso. l'uso di un epp300-c + pico psu potrebbe far risparmiare un po 'di spazio. tuttavia se lo fai non sono più componenti standard.
[/CITAZIONE]
sì, la custodia è composta da due pezzi perché non riesco a stampare 300 mm, massimo 180 mm, potrei ridurre lo spazio ma non riesco a trovare un alimentatore performante per un 2080ti e un (i9 o ryzen 9), almeno 600 watt Ho bisogno, non c'è picopsu Sfortunatamente.

Scapin89

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Mar 18, 2020
nice!

I realized a few hours after your reply that the case is printed in halves, originally I thought you were printing in one piece

depending on your goals you could squeeze out some space by using a meanwell power supply, which I'm doing for my case. using an epp300-c + pico psu might save a little space. though if you do that it's no longer standard components.
yes the case is made of two pieces because I can't print 300mm, maximum 180mm, I could decrease the space but I can't find a performing power supply for a 2080ti and a (i9 or ryzen 9), at least 600 watts I need, there is no picopsu Unfortunately.

Reactions: Curiosity