Cooling DDC res top with rear in

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Hi all, I'm a bit stumped at the moment, I'm planning a custom loop but it doesnt allow for the input and output to be on the same side of the pump top, ideally I want a res top combo with an in on one side and an out on the opposite side. I thoguht I'd found the perferct item in the EK-XRES 100 however the current v2 no longer has the in port on the rear. I've been trawling through lots of websites but so far not come up with anything. To make matters more dificult it needs to be less than 70mm wide/deep to fit in my case. Anyone got any ideas?

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Do you have access to a mill?

Maybe even just a drill press?

If so, you could modify the pump top and just have a plug in the original hole sit there "permanently".

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Do you have access to a mill?

Maybe even just a drill press?

If so, you could modify the pump top and just have a plug in the original hole sit there "permanently".

No unfortunately I dont, I actually found an old pump top I have from back in the day and think I can get away with a small res above the pump connected with tubing. Unfortunately it may not look so great but it may be my only chance at this time.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi all, I'm a bit stumped at the moment, I'm planning a custom loop but it doesnt allow for the input and output to be on the same side of the pump top, ideally I want a res top combo with an in on one side and an out on the opposite side. I thoguht I'd found the perferct item in the EK-XRES 100 however the current v2 no longer has the in port on the rear. I've been trawling through lots of websites but so far not come up with anything. To make matters more dificult it needs to be less than 70mm wide/deep to fit in my case. Anyone got any ideas?

Performance PCs still has the older version of the EK-XRES 100 DDC MX 3.2 PWM in stock.

Reactions: Freebo

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Looks like I've got to the bottom of it, the EK XRES rev2 does appear it has an inlet at the rear, I've been linked elsewhere to some different images EK show on their show for only the top/res (ie not including the pump) which appear to show a hole in the rear. This is also backed up with the description saying it comes with two plugs rather than just one. I'm gonna confirm it before I order but looks like I've found the right product now :D

Reactions: rfarmer