DAS support

davisti

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Hi
I am doing a project work in Toronto. It is basically connected with monitoring weather conditions with data acquisition systems. But the expected output did not occur and I am going to rework on the same.

I need help for the implementation of DAS. A prototyping should be done and also want to get some technical assistance.

As I have to complete the project in a very short time, I need help from a company, which helps in prototyping, a complete rework on the existing one, PCB repair, and BGA re-balling services, in Toronto. If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

I want to do the final project submission by the end of next month. If you have some idea, please assist me in finding someone for helping me in the rework process. Thank you.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Could you elaborate on what kind of help you're looking for? What specific problems need fixing/prototyping?

davisti

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
I need help on the PCB work and at the same time, there are some faulty BGA components. I am in a confused state to further move on with the project. I think the whole PCB should be reworked.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Why do you need PCB work? Could you not use an off-the-shelf system? What are "BGA components"? How can they be faulty? Why not just replace them with new components?

The way I understand BGA - "Ball Gate Array" - components, they are soldered onto a PCB and, short of maybe using a reflow oven, there's no way to "reball" them.

I'd like to help, but it sounds to me like you need to talk to your boss/client (who will likely understand about 1000x better what you are facing than we currently do) about your problems and see if you can arrange to get the right kind of assistance through channels. I don't think you will find the right kind of assistance here for your problem. If you have no technical peers or assistance available within your organization, you may want to try seeking more professional assistance from an online community that deals with your types of problems.

Good luck.

davisti

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Thank you for your suggestion. I am planning to get help from a company which does BGA re-balling services. Hope the issue can be solved soon by their assistance.