Short 5 question survey for my Senior project

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new on the forum.

I am working on a design for a SFF PC for my senior project in Industrial Design.

It would help me if you completed my short 5 question survey (average completion time is about 90 seconds so far)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MG6G27L

If this is the wrong section then admins please move.

Thank you everyone.
They're right, it's very easy to fill out.

Also, welcome to the forum! Enjoy it here.

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Did it. You probably should have added an additional comments section at the end, but I can understand how that might be problematic.

phaelax

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
Done. I'd like to see your project when you're done.

I was disappointed in my senior project. We were given a few options but had to work in groups. Every single person in the class, my group included, opted to build an ecommerce website. (this was 10 years ago) I was currently employed as a jsp developer working on a massive amazon-like website and I didn't really feel like coming home from work and building a simplified version of what I already did all day long. Unfortunately, I got out-voted when I said I wanted the project of building a mars rover simulation (which sounds way cooler than a simple website), but they felt I'd be the only way capable of programming it and thus wouldn't be able to contribute. I so wish I was allowed a solo project then.

Nanocomp

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 14, 2018
Thank you everyone who completed it. I posted this same survey to a couple different places on the internet and overall I got 160 responses! My adviser was pleasantly surprised because it is rare to get so many people to complete a survey for anything.

I got a lot of very useful information and I am in the process of compiling the data and analyzing it. I can't give you any clear numbers right now but some overall trends that I noticed:

-RGB was something many of you said you didn't care for
-Better dust control/filtration was probably the most common feature you are requesting
-3.5" drives seem to be on the way out. Many of you said you didn't need it. Some of you said you also didn't need 2.5" drives.
-Water cooling support was something I thought a lot of people wanted. It turns out many of you actually are not looking for it. More people seem to be wanting AIO support.

Overall I am surprised by the support I got from this community.

Reactions: VegetableStu