Dan Case v2 and 645LT

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm running a build with Ryzen 3600 in my Dan Case v2 and I struggle to cool it with my L9a and being silent at the same time.
So, saw some nice builds v3/v4 with 645LT and wondered if I could use such a cooler in my v2?

Regards Laust

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
For the L9a get the 3D printed fan duct (https://dan-cases.com/dana4_faq.html) and configure the fan speed correctly. (sub 65°C = 30% sub 80°C = 60% 80°C+ = 100%
Appreciate the feedback. Looked for an option to print the fan duct when I did the build, but will look into it again now that you mention it.

The reason that I would like to go for AIO, is that eventually would like some more CPU power when Ryzen 4000 is launched.

So, is the Asetek 645LT compatible with Dan Case v2?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Appreciate the feedback. Looked for an option to print the fan duct when I did the build, but will look into it again now that you mention it.

I used to do a ghetto fan duct by cutting 4 strips of thick packing foam to size and then double-sided taped them to the side panel. Not quite the real thing but it worked :)

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
unfortunately I don't. but you just need to cut 4 pieces of 10cm x 1cm x 1cm. positioning is quite obvious actually
Ok, will try that. Actually think I have some from my graphic card box.

Still wondering if the 645LT will fit, I guess it would.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes the AIO will fit but you have to remove the front USB. This was fixed on the v3.

Squarehed

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 4, 2020
@daddelbud,
You're in a similar position to where I ended up over the weekend. Upgraded to a 3600 in my v2 A4 case and put the AM4 adapter for the old Cryorig C7 I had lying around. It's really struggling and super loud. V different to the LP53 I came from cooling a 3570K.

I looked at alternatives and saw 645LT builders still seem to struggle with the side panel bulge, so initially ordered a Black Ridge. But I keep thinking it might be possible to fit this in there with some careful routing below the RAM...

So today I have rather rashly cancelled that and switched the order to the Asetek kit as the price difference didn't feel that much after getting the fan and thermal paste bundled too.

Praying it'll fit, given the temp (and presumably noise) benefits...

Now to go find that guide to modifying/removing the front USB on the V2...

Reactions: daddelbud

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
@daddelbud,
You're in a similar position to where I ended up over the weekend. Upgraded to a 3600 in my v2 A4 case and put the AM4 adapter for the old Cryorig C7 I had lying around. It's really struggling and super loud. V different to the LP53 I came from cooling a 3570K.
Cool! Please keep us updated on how it goes!

I think for now I'm going with the fan duct, custom cables and moving the fan under the motherboard instead (if I find a good way in the v2).