Dan A4 v2 side panel template and mounting?

uncle

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Aug 17, 2023
I'd like to make a side panel (or two) for my v2 case. Now, on the Dan case website I can download a window kit template, which appears to be for the v4 case. I assume, the overall dimensions of the v2 vs. the v4 panel are the same, correct? However, the placement of the holes in the v4 template doesn't look to be the same as where the stand-offs are in my present panel. Does anyone have a template for the v2 side panel with the holes in the correct place?

Which brings me to the second question: what's the best way to attach an acrylic or wood side panel to the case? I spend several days googling, but could not find comparable standoffs with ball studs. Even threaded ball studs at this size seem to be hard to come by (I can find 3 mm ones, but then they have unknown thread dimensions). Does anyone have a source for any of these? Would little magnets work to keep the panel in place? I guess, the v4 case has screw holes to attach a DIY panel. There's a hole on each side in the front of the v2 case, into which I could cut a thread. But in the back I'd have to drill a hole, which I'm not sure I can do with the necessary precision.