Dan a4 v4 build help

Acerbzzz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 16, 2019
I am currently working on a Dan a4 v 4 gaming build and adding components every 2 weeks or so to complete the build.

Would like some advice on filling in the blanks for a quality build. Do I wait and see what the rest of the line up for the X570 mini itx boards are like price wise and compatibility wise for Dan a4 v4?

As for gpu I am thinking between the 5700,5700xt (something below $400)because of their price after seeing benchmarks compared to others but will they fit in the Dan a4 v4 ? Will they be compatible considering the PCIe riser issues ? Etc

My build so far

Motherboard:...................
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600x
CPU cooler:...................
Memory: Corsair vengeance pro 16gb 3600mhz
Storage:..................
GPU:.....................
Case: dan a4 v4
Power supply: Corsair sf600 80+ platinum
Case fans: Noctua NF A9x14 for under motherboard and Noctua A9 for under power supply

I am pretty new to the pc build game so I apologize if I look like a big noob lolz

tonkei0361

What's an ITX?
Aug 12, 2019
Hi there,

I am planning to do the same build with Intel + Nvidia so I can't help with selecting the motherboard and GPU.

Other components I will be using:

CPU cooler: Asetek 645 LT
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB + 860 EVO SATA 1TB

If you mount a fan underneath PSU, you won't have enough room for Asetek AIO. However, air cool should be fine for your CPU.

Good luck with the build!

Acerbzzz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 16, 2019
Hi there,

I am planning to do the same build with Intel + Nvidia so I can't help with selecting the motherboard and GPU.

Other components I will be using:

CPU cooler: Asetek 645 LT
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB + 860 EVO SATA 1TB

If you mount a fan underneath PSU, you won't have enough room for Asetek AIO. However, air cool should be fine for your CPU.

Good luck with the build!
Ended up adding the Asrock X570 itx,samsung 970 evo plus 500gb ,gigabyte 2070 super Windforce Overclocking 8gb

The only issue is SATA storage with the Asrock board. Psu is in the way of SATA connections.

Good luck with your build also

iMafLeX

Case Bender
Aug 13, 2019
Hey I want to build a Dan A4 V4 machine too and I'm wondering if the new HDPlex 800W Power Supply got any advantages in this case.

It's passiv cooled so could it get in any way to hot in the Dan? How much space would it save and what can we do with this space?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2019
I have an R5 3600 and with 56W PPT and adjusted fan curve you can get it nice and quiet with the Wraith Stealth (boxed cooler). I did this and in my case it isn't even drawing in fresh air like it would in the DAN.

For the DAN I would get the reverence RX 5700 or RX 5700XT and don't mount any case fans. Just reduce power draw until it is quiet enough. RX 5700 draws by default less than the XT while having the same cooler (at least in the reference design). But maybe the XT can be crazy efficient when not pushed to the limit.

Last edited: