News DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world?

https://www.dan-cases.com/
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1799326

I am surprised no one here has talked about it, or did my googlefu fail me?
I am also surprised I did not know about it, because of actually working with Lian Li! I find out about it online :(

It kinda did my case idea already, I only got like 1 or 2 innovations to add, darn it. I was too slow.

I am going to steal these PCI cables! http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ducts/ProductCat/?N=8705059+3293441518&rt=rud They look GUD!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
@dondan is registered here so I was waiting for him to make a thread, but he's probably busy with all the attention he's getting now :D

Those 3M cables are the best PCI extenders available but the price reflects that.

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
Oh, the 3M page did not list a price. Are they more than the Lian Li ones that you can never find in stores. Although, the Lian Li ones do look nicer :) They are hand made buy a guy in an apartment/factory here in Taipei. Even at the price, LL makes very little on them.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi Kip,

sorry that you have nearly the same idea. But I worked for over 2.5 years on the project and published in differebt forums so it isn't very new ;).

The 3M riser price is $60 with a MOQ 500. Some reseller sell it for $110. I also know the LiHeat risers from LianLi I got some samples but I figured out, that the 3M cable are better in reluability, quality and performance.

Greets

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
@Kip

I think that just goes to show that one can trust LianLi to be discrete about a custom project, I like that.

Hi Kip,

sorry that you have nearly the same idea. But I worked for over 2.5 years on the project and published in differebt forums so it isn't very new ;).

The 3M riser price is $60 with a MOQ 500. Some reseller sell it for $110. I also know the LiHeat risers from LianLi I got some samples but I figured out, that the 3M cable are better in reluability, quality and performance.

Greets

Did you actually make benchmarks for the two different risers? I personally like the LiHeat risers a lot for their colour and finish, but they are indeed rather stiff.
How did you determine the reliability of both products, did the LiHeat riser fail on you?

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
I too would like to know that ^. Bill Owen asked me if the speed of the LiHeat cables was really full 16x, and the only test I had was done on SSD. They did well, but...

Lian Li discretion.... After they went and made all the web pages for the new cases public with out telling me. So much for my carefully laid out scheduled PR plans. Ah well, It does mean you got to see them sooner.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I tested them personally and you lose a few points in benchmarks compared to not using any riser at all, but that could've had different issues. In real-life gaming use there was no difference to be noticed, the FPS in the GTAV benchmark I tried were virtually the same.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The cables are able to handle pcie 3.0 16x but not more. The 3M cables are able to support future speeds. Some of the 10 riser I got have the problem that while changes the gpu the motherboard does not recognize it on the first time. With the 3M cables I don't have this problem.

Furthermore the quality of the solderedpoints is a problem, because if you bend the cables often they can broke. Newer version are secured with fat plastic securements. 3M is worldleader in development high performance glue so they secure the solderingpoints with a special glue.

An other point to the quality is the cable itself. It is very thick, because they are using a normal ribbon cable with a outer alu tape and a second non conductive tape over the first. Because of the thickness the bendradius is to big for the A4-SFX. The bendradius of the 3M ones is nearly 0.5mm you can bend an twist the 50 times in the same time and they don't lose their speed. Also the cable is very thin and don't use classical ribbon cables. They use their special twin axial cables.

But the big advantage of the Liheat is the price.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Lian Li discretion.... After they went and made all the web pages for the new cases public with out telling me. So much for my carefully laid out scheduled PR plans. Ah well, It does mean you got to see them sooner.

What case do you mean?

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
Well, I have never had anyone say the Lain Li cables were the cheaper option before :)
I am impressed with them 3m, they make cool tech.

The new cases since the o8 are now visible on Lian Li web page.
PC-X510, PC-V33A/B, PC-V33 WX, PC-Q21, PC-Q10WX, PC-Q17.