Log DAN A4 R9 3900x + 2080ti

sneey

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 29, 2020
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my built and hope can help someone with useful information :)
The system has max CPU temp of 76 °C and GPU 83 °C during games like Shadow of the Tombraider, Battlefront II, Jedi Fallen Order, or training of neural networks.

Here are the parts:
Case: DAN A4 sfx V4.0
CPU: R9 3900x
GPU: Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Blower
CPU cooler: Asetek 645lt + modified with Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM (default is the none HS version)
PSU: Corsair SF450 Gold
Mainboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi AMD X570
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz (CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM

Comments:
I would recommend at least the SF600, since the system draws 443Watt out of the wall during gaming. Since the noise curve of the sf450 and sf600 are the same, it is better to go for the sf750 if you also try to make it quieter during gaming. But note, the GPU fans are the loudest, so maybe in terms of noise reduction it is not worth going for the sf750 version.
The peak frequency of the CPU is 4200MHz. Most times it performs between 4000 - 4100MHz on all cores under full load.
With the Blower GPU version, you can reduce your CPU temps dramatically.
The memory is chosen with a low profile, such that the water tubes can pass over it and the case can be closed.
The case fan is mounted under the mainboard. Both Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM in my system blow fresh air into the case.

Overclocking specs:
GPU runs on 2050MHz core clock and 1925MHz memory clock -> +250MHz core clock, + 700MHz with power limit set to 112%, and Temp limit to 88°C, so it draws 280 watts under full load.
Memory runs on 3800MHz with a real 19 timings.

Future considerations:
Upgrade the PSU to Corsair sf750
Mounting a Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX that blows fresh air onto the mainboard, right above the water pump on the CPU is enough space.

Hope this information is useful for anyone :)

Supaidaman

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for posting, I was hoping to put together a build with the DAN A4 + 3900x just as you have. I love the idea of having such a badass build in a 7.5L case haha.

It seems like your temps are actually decent! I just recently watched the video Bitwit did and they were hitting ~93°C and attached a fan on the external side of the case to lower it.

If you have some time could you take some pics of the inside if your build? I'd love to see it.

Also, what are you using for storage? have you noticed any thermal throttling on that?
I find it interesting that CPU temps are better with a blower style GPU?

Cheers.

evd

Trash Compacter
Mar 24, 2020
Wow good to see all that running on an SF450 Gold - I actually have the same one running a much lower build now but a SF600 Plat coming since I found one cheap.

Surprised the little cooler can keep up.