Dan A4 cooling setup with 120mm AIO

whyseez

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jan 14, 2022
Am planning a future build and I wanted to know what the optimum fan setup would be in the Dan A4 assuming I were to run a 120mm aio (with the bracket) and an SFX PSU. It seems the best orientation for the radiator and PSU fans is for the two to face the same direction, so cool air is pulled in from the outside and exhausted through the PSU.

However, as there are still two 92mm fan slots at the bottom of the case, what would be the optimal cooling configuration there? To set the two bottom fans as intake or exhaust? Wondering if people had any suggestions/experience.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I'm not sure about the slim fan under the mobo... it makes sense to exhaust air from the gpu, yet due to watercooling, there's not much airflow on the mobo itself this way. I remember my M.2 being a whooping -16'C cooler with the L9a than having an aio pump/block on.
As for under the psu, a slim one certainly fits even with a 120mm aio on the side. If you have your 120mm aio fan pulling air from outside, then I think the case fan underneath should be on exhaust, blowing out all the used air that came through the radiator and ended up below the psu, so it does not acumulate over there. While above, the air can go through the inverted psu and exit on top naturally as warm air does.