Discussion Cubeor Vault 2 - 23.4L Mini-itx PC Case

joel

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 25, 2022

Cubeor Vault 2

Love the looks of this case. Black and wood. Small/Mediun size, with great hardware compatibility.
Those anyone has this case? I ordered one, and looking forward to build in it, but I don't know if I'm able to "mod/adapt" a ATX Power supply horizontaly in the bottom of the case.
If not I will have to buy a new SFX PS.

It will be my living room media center, perfet blend on the side of the tv cabinete.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I have this case with a 4090 FE and temps even with the extremely restrictive Demciflex filter are amazing. Its performance is completely dependent on how much you crank the rear fans to the point where its not far off a open test bench since the front opening is so nonrestrictive.

Reactions: Qataqo and joel

joel

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 25, 2022
I have this case with a 4090 FE and temps even with the extremely restrictive Demciflex filter are amazing. Its performance is completely dependent on how much you crank the rear fans to the point where its not far off a open test bench since the front opening is so nonrestrictive.
My case has arrived. With the same components from my previous case ( sharkoon qb one ) , I got -10ºC on the GPU, -5ºC on the CPU and -10ºC inside the case.
I have 3 Arctic P12 PWM on the back of the case, and the air flow from the front of the case to the back is great, I dont have the filter, and I can feel the air moving the my hand when I place it in the front. Great stuff.

Reactions: Qataqo

Qataqo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2022
heyho, about to get mine. i have a u12a and would love to buy a 4080 FE, however i am a bit confused about the directions, might either of u share a picture of how it looks inside? do u let the hot air io go out bottom or top?

Gmoney´s dustfiltersolution would also be interesting, not sure yet if i let it open or put something on there, i think a very fine "
mosquito net" with velcro could work

joel

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 25, 2022
heyho, about to get mine. i have a u12a and would love to buy a 4080 FE, however i am a bit confused about the directions, might either of u share a picture of how it looks inside? do u let the hot air io go out bottom or top?

Gmoney´s dustfiltersolution would also be interesting, not sure yet if i let it open or put something on there, i think a very fine "
mosquito net" with velcro could work
I would say hot air out on top. But you can use the case "upside down" It depends on your componentes and the way you prefer.

Qataqo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2022
I would say hot air out on top. But you can use the case "upside down" It depends on your componentes and the way you prefer.
was about to go with u12a, had it in non flipped and later tried flipped (cooler orientation), you can not cramp in back fans (only 1 top) which i absolute dislike... the lack of clear component support makes me angry (would have to abandon ram too for air cooler orientation).

so i changed top and bottom again end ended up cramping in a Arctic 360 AiO which is like basicly the biggest aio monster that could possibly fit, and with a lot of work i got it in and working

next is a dustfilter solution, maybe you can share what you did at front panel? thx and have a nice week

joel

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 25, 2022
was about to go with u12a, had it in non flipped and later tried flipped (cooler orientation), you can not cramp in back fans (only 1 top) which i absolute dislike... the lack of clear component support makes me angry (would have to abandon ram too for air cooler orientation).

so i changed top and bottom again end ended up cramping in a Arctic 360 AiO which is like basicly the biggest aio monster that could possibly fit, and with a lot of work i got it in and working

next is a dustfilter solution, maybe you can share what you did at front panel? thx and have a nice week
Please share some images if you can. Well, I didnt purchase the dust filter. At the moment not using any, I know... lets see in a month how the compoents handle the dust :D

And the temps? Are you happy with the temps?

Qataqo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2022

sorry, this was couple hours ago.

removed the top i/o to get it in, first ofc install the cpu cooling unit on the cpu and then from the top halfvertical put it in, very close but it works.

PSU ofc is a bit covered

now to my personal problem... my Arctic AiO sadly the fans etc. everything spins corret but i have some terrible coilwhine, its so bad that i will return it...

temps on a 5800x i have seen idle 24° up to 72° (but i just gamed), bit dissapointed compared to my not correct installed u12a, but could be my GPU with shield up hitting 105° on hotspot....

ill send the aio back and try again with u12a, maybe i can cramp in some small fans in the back

joel

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 25, 2022

Here is my build. I'm still working on it.

1 - I only add a ATX power supply, and was able to adapt and place it in the case.
2 - I add 3 120mm fans to the back
3 - The CPU cooler is a noctua nh-d9l, because its small it didnt make sense turn the fan to the back of the case ( air would hit the metal not the exaust fans), so I place the cooler fan blowing air to the top of the case and the exaust fans do the job removing air to the back.
4 - because I use a ATX PS, I could use the HDD bracket, so I used double side tape to place the HDD at the bottom.

I know, It's not pretty, but this case is not to show the components inside ;) and the temps are great.

Qataqo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2022
i abandoned my SSD´s for this build and went only to 2 m.2 nvme´s 2,5 TB should be enough for normal chill and game platform.

currently hyped for the new X3D Chips, might throw one in with a good GPU and call it the day for atleast 5 years (need power for my 4k 144 Hz Screen)

nice furniture btw. my table is black, so the sidepanels fit good there

Reactions: rfarmer

Qataqo

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2022
current dust filter: 40x30 cutable dustfilter with magnetic side stuff to hold in place
i did not cut it perfect, you can see that on left side, top has a slight gap but i cant reach there because of the stands

mesh quality feels really good 14,39€ from Moko (some china brand) on eu amazon

i will not put any other filter in there, thats it, next is a 12x15 as rear for my u12a, which should fit in very tight

and then in February prob. will go Ryzen 7000 with an pcie 5.0 ITX Mainboard and an X3D CPU which i hope will last me 6+ years!

btw. dont spent on expensive dust spray or dust blower, there are couple of cheap dust blowers on amazon, i have a 400 Watt Ferm Dust Blower for like 22€ (tbh i managed to get 2 out of those 22€) :D