Enclosure Cryorig's 2016 mITX cases

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Cryorig released new renders of an updated Taku. Release must be incoming! Bigger top vents, side IO, no more top cut outs for cables, and it can fit full reference GTX GPUs.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I'm also interested in that fan in front of the PSU, I don't see it doing much other than making some noise.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Do the drawer rails really take up that much room? Seems like quite a bit of wasted space on either side of the drawer.
The rails don't actually. The space on the right side is used for extra ports. That used space is mirrored on the left side.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Do the drawer rails really take up that much room? Seems like quite a bit of wasted space on either side of the drawer.

You can see in the picture that the inner and outer side walls have different vent patterns. There needs to be a bit of distance between them as to not impede airflow too much.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Interesting development, I can't wait to see this into reviewer's hands !

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
The TAKU is available on Kickstarter:

Not worth what're asking for it I'm no offense to them but they wasted so much space I understand wanting to make it a size most monitors would fit on it but I really think they should have moved the focus off of a monitor stand. Their C7 is one of the best on the market for sff builds and is usually the cooler of choice in mainstream console killer builds wish they'd have gone for something like that

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Personally I like the idea and I bet a lot of people want a PC that looks like this. But that's not the kind of people that build PCs. Though I am very much interested in the slide-out aspect of the case.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Personally I like the idea and I bet a lot of people want a PC that looks like this. But that's not the kind of people that build PCs. Though I am very much interested in the slide-out aspect of the case.
I like the slide out idea too. But I feel like they could have made better use of the space.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Maybe someone on here needs to design one. Maybe I'll get on it once I get my PC put back together

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Hope they don't go the Kickstarter route for the Ola round case but yeesh 400 for a tiny case feels like a a extreme stretch.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Hope they don't go the Kickstarter route for the Ola round case but yeesh 400 for a tiny case feels like a a extreme stretch.
That's why I think someone on the forums should design something similar. And maybe a tad smaller. Make it work for the Acer predator monitors and it should be big enough for just about anything. The predator stand is massive so

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

Not really. They offer 12 different SKUs and need to sell at least between 254 and 400 units to reach their goal, so ballpark 22 to 34 units per case variant. That is not a lot, prices for production in that range are very high. Additionally, some parts of this case are very expensive to manufacture. On the highest tier, the feet are milled from a chunk of aluminium, as is the part that attaches them to the case. You have multiple walls inside the case, even the rails might be custom manufactured.

Additionally, with such low production volume and a high production value of both the case and the marketing material, you've got to remember that quite a few engineers, 3D artists and photographers where involved with this project, all of whom have to be payed.

It's still a lot of money, and it sounds like they'll put this onto the general market if the campaign succeeds, so I'd expect the most popular versions of the case to be available for a lower price at some point in the future.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
For the size and price, I'm nowhere near as interested as I was originally when the case was first announced. Most likely gonna pick something up from this forum instead :)

Reactions: W1NN1NG

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Not really. They offer 12 different SKUs and need to sell at least between 254 and 400 units to reach their goal, so ballpark 22 to 34 units per case variant. That is not a lot, prices for production in that range are very high. Additionally, some parts of this case are very expensive to manufacture. On the highest tier, the feet are milled from a chunk of aluminium

We will have an article later, but CRYORIG told us that despite the significant price difference to bump up to the alu feet model, they're basically making no money on them because they're so expensive to CNC.