Part Corsair Strip Lighting

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
I'm working on a itx build and installing Corsair RAM, AIO, PSU, & strip lighting. On the Amazon website the AIO (H100i Elite) shows it comes with a Commander Core XT with a RGB 3 pin connection at one end for strip lighting. What you get included in the box is the Commander Core (not XT) & it does not have a 3 pin connection for strip lighting, only 4 pin connections for 6 fans & 6 RGB fan lighting.

How can I connect 3 pin strip lighting so I can utilize iCUE software? I have to go from 3 pin strip lighting to 4 pin somehow. Maybe utilize one of the RGB Fan Lighting spaces that is a 4 pin connection. Since it's a itx build I really have no more space to connect both the Commander Core & Commander Core XT controller if that is even possible. If you aren't aware the XT does not have the ability to connect the ribbon cable that runs from the pump to the controller mod, hence the issue. I have to use the Commander Core.

Does anyone have any suggestions or am I out of luck here. Thanks for reading.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I've never used iCue as I've heard nothing but horror stories. Aquacomputer's fabwerk is alright. The interface is a bit confusing, but it actually works.

Reactions: Jp42nca

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
I've never used iCue as I've heard nothing but horror stories. Aquacomputer's fabwerk is alright. The interface is a bit confusing, but it actually works.
Thanks for your response. I did check out that product but again trying to find room in the case is no easy task. My other option was to just utilize the RGB on the motherboard ASUS provides & purchase their lighting strips.

I found a lighting extension cable with a 3 pin connector to a 4 pin. I'll be able to plug the 4 pin into the Commander Core lighting side of the controller and be able to adjust the lighting that way. If the AIO came with what it showed in the images it wouldn't be a problem, just needed to find a work around & think I did.

I notified them of the inaccurate image and hope they fix it for the next person. I know iCUE doesn't have the best track record but I haven't had that much problem with it. Just confusing to use, but aren't they all to some degree. I'm not a whiz using it but it allows me to monitor my temps etc though one app.

Awhile back I did try HWiNFO. I liked it but I was having issues with iCUE. I couldn't use both at the same time. PC's...it's always something right?

Reactions: Arboreal