Power Supply corsair sf600 vs bequiet sfx-L power 600

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
for my upcoming build in the customMod sfx mini, wondering which one is better and also quieter

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Having a custom mod sfx, I’d definitely recommend any sfx psu over the sfx-l sizes. Especially if you are using 2.5” drives. Will make assembly and cable management much easier.

Edit: I’m using the Corsair sf600. Currently rocking an Asus 1080 Ti turbo and an 8700t ( was using a 8700k til I destroyed it) and I couldn’t hear the psu over the cpu or GPU fans. Only thing I hate about the Corsair sf600 is the stupidly rigid cables. I had to buy the premium individual sleeved ones to make my life easier.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Having a custom mod sfx, I’d definitely recommend any sfx psu over the sfx-l sizes. Especially if you are using 2.5” drives. Will make assembly and cable management much easier.

Edit: I’m using the Corsair sf600. Currently rocking an Asus 1080 Ti turbo and an 8700t ( was using a 8700k til I destroyed it) and I couldn’t hear the psu over the cpu or GPU fans. Only thing I hate about the Corsair sf600 is the stupidly rigid cables. I had to buy the premium individual sleeved ones to make my life easier.
in canada the bequiet one is cheaper, but ius there enough space for cable management? ill do a cover anyway and even if its harder to cable manage its going to be quieteer which is very important for me. Ill be using one m.2 and one 2.5"

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
While possible, there will definitely be more challenging cable issues with the additional 25mm~ extra length of the psu plus the additional loss underneath it with a 2.5 drive. I’ve tried to find someone using a sfx-l psu in the CM_sfx case or the Dan a4 (similar layout although a few mm taller and therefore easier) and hadn’t seen any. I know I’d avoid it like the plague though. Maybe a few others could chime in and give an opinion like @BozoSilvia or @sergiiua maybe?

BozoSilvia

Trash Compacter
Sep 14, 2017
I personally don’t like SFX-L, as to me it’s just the awkward middle child of PSUs but a few of them are cost effective and I can see why people would purchase them as SFX PSUs are pricey. Although, I can say a SFX-L psu would be challenging to put in as well as a 2.5in drive but it can be done! Cable managing would be hell though. Better and quieter? The SF600 with a Noctua fan mod. And maybe some custom cables also.

Reactions: MultiDoc

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
I personally don’t like SFX-L, as to me it’s just the awkward middle child of PSUs but a few of them are cost effective and I can see why people would purchase them as SFX PSUs are pricey. Although, I can say a SFX-L psu would be challenging to put in as well as a 2.5in drive but it can be done! Cable managing would be hell though. Better and quieter? The SF600 with a Noctua fan mod. And maybe some custom cables also.
thanks, I think ill go with the sf600 and think about the fan mod once i've had it for a couple weeks. I.'m probably going to pick-up the sf sleeved cables from corsair as custom ones cost like 150$ for a set (50 casd for the corsair one's)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
thanks, I think ill go with the sf600 and think about the fan mod once i've had it for a couple weeks. I.'m probably going to pick-up the sf sleeved cables from corsair as custom ones cost like 150$ for a set (50 casd for the corsair one's)

Corsair is about to launch a SF600 Platinum that comes with the sleeved cables, $20 more than the Gold but that still saves you $20 with the cables.