SFF.Network Corsair at Computex 2018

Corsair, maker of the popular "One" SFF system, had a private suite on show at Computex 2018, much like last year. This meant that the viewing of the products on show was a more intimate affair, albeit overshadowed by Corsair's love for larger form factor cases. The big news for us SFF'rs this year (albeit beaten at the last moment by Silverstone) was the Corsair SF600 Platinum SFX Modular power supply.

Let's have a look!

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
I'm only intrigued on a technical level, wouldn't actually buy RBG RAM, but I have to know, are those LEDs controlled through the memory interface somehow, or do you have to connect them up to USB or some controller?

Corsair Johan

Chassis Packer
Corsair
Mar 28, 2016
www.corsair.com
I'm only intrigued on a technical level, wouldn't actually buy RBG RAM, but I have to know, are those LEDs controlled through the memory interface somehow, or do you have to connect them up to USB or some controller?

Both our Vengeance LED, Vengeance RGB and the new Venceange RGB PRO is controlled through the SMBUS, no cable needed. :)

Baal

Efficiency Noob
Jun 8, 2018
Also, for SF450/600 v2, the SFX to ATX bracket is now included for those who use that.

Individually sleeved cables in black are also included in the box.

Regarding the fan, it is a new fan, now PWM and with a MCU fan controller instead of analog. :)

Can you already post a picture of the new fan curve of the SF600 Plat.?

And can you tell a bit more details about the fan controller? Is it now purely temperature based or more weighted to temperature?

And completely "theoretical" speaking without warantys from yours or Corsairs side: If someone would "theoretical" ignore waranty voids and replace the original Fan with an Noctua one (what a fair ammount of people did with the gold SF Units), would the MCU controll the aftermarket PWM fan "theroetical" without Problems? Or should we expect problems with the fan spin start?
Is the 4pin PWM pinout the standard one we know from standard PWM Fans?

Last edited:
Reactions: MultiDoc

Corsair Johan

Chassis Packer
Corsair
Mar 28, 2016
www.corsair.com
Can you already post a picture of the new fan curve of the SF600 Plat.?

And can you tell a bit more details about the fan controller? Is it now purely temperature based or more weighted to temperature?

And completely "theoretical" speaking without warantys from yours or Corsairs side: If someone would "theoretical" ignore waranty voids and replace the original Fan with an Noctua one (what a fair ammount of people did with the gold SF Units), would the MCU controll the aftermarket PWM fan "theroetical" without Problems? Or should we expect problems with the fan spin start?
Is the 4pin PWM pinout the standard one we know from standard PWM Fans?

I dont have a picture of the fan curve. The new fan controller is a programmed MCU that takes both temperature and load into consideration, as well as a delay.

For the fan; the pinout is standard PWM pinout, but replacing the fan is not going to make it any quieter.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
We have a Corsair rep here as well? This forum is small, but some bigger forums don't have this many community reps!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
We have a Corsair rep here as well? This forum is small, but some bigger forums don't have this many community reps!
I hope Cooler Master will send a rep here as well. They are doing a survey somewhere asking about consumers' preference of SFF. So, this strongly hints they plan to move deeper into SFF territory.
Maybe, at an appropriate time, this forum can take the initiative to invite a CM rep here?

Reactions: Windfall

nox

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2017
So... Intel Creator PC's - link here:

Covers 3 sff computers so & why on earth did I put this in the Corsair Computex thread?

That is not the current Corsair One - the front has a new layout.

Also have a look at 33 seconds in to that video. The motherboard/PSU positions are reversed. Also that motherboard's 'external' layout shows it is not the current Z270/Z370 motherboard (it has dual NIC's for starters). I can't find any current Z270/Z370 M-ITX boards that match that layout either. Then there is also that SF600 PSU, all the current models have 400W or 500W.

Could of guessed all this though, nice to see it in the flesh though.

Reactions: VegetableStu

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
That motherboard also has no video outputs, I can't think of any current Intel itx motherboards without them.