Cooler for 2700x, Jonsbo UMX3 Case

archijs

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
Hello SFF community. First of all, excuse the stupid question but this is the first SFF build im doing, but cant figure out what to do. First of all - I have a Jonsbo UMX 3 case, and normally it allows 2 case coolers and a CPU cooler. Here is a rough diagram:

I got a 2700x CPU, and I am unsure about the CPU cooler. What I value the most is silence. I will not be overclocking to keep the temps down and the cooling low.

Now the question is - what do I get? Should I stick with the cooler that is coming with the box? Should I get something from Noctua (i have a closed case, dont care about aesthetics, RBG or anythings whats going on inside). Should I get an AIO cooler (and if yes, which case fan should I replace with what setup - radiator on top or on the left)? 120mm or 140mm?

Basically looking for suggestions and help. Thanks in advance!

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Hello SFF community. First of all, excuse the stupid question but this is the first SFF build im doing, but cant figure out what to do. First of all - I have a Jonsbo UMX 3 case, and normally it allows 2 case coolers and a CPU cooler. Here is a rough diagram:

I got a 2700x CPU, and I am unsure about the CPU cooler. What I value the most is silence. I will not be overclocking to keep the temps down and the cooling low.

Now the question is - what do I get? Should I stick with the cooler that is coming with the box? Should I get something from Noctua (i have a closed case, dont care about aesthetics, RBG or anythings whats going on inside). Should I get an AIO cooler (and if yes, which case fan should I replace with what setup - radiator on top or on the left)? 120mm or 140mm?

Basically looking for suggestions and help. Thanks in advance!

If you will not be overclocking and plan on having an intake and exhaust fan and the intake is aligned with the CPU cooler, there is no sense in wasting money on an AIO or an expensive aftermarket cooler. The boxed AMD is a capable cooler.