Log Cookie-Cutter Velka 3 build with so so internals.

Faceliss

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Sharing my build here c:

Specs

Case: Velka 3

Motherboard: MSI MPG B560I Gaming Edge WiFi (with SFF Noir Shadowlink Antenna)

CPU: i5 10400f

CPU Cooler: Noctua L9i, Noctua foam ducts added.

RAM: some offbrand 32gb 2666 ddr4 ram I had laying around.

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Pluss 2tb

PSU: T.F.SKYWINDINTL flex ATX 600w

GPU: OEM Dell 3060ti with a Palit Storm X 3060 heatsink/shroud mod. Replaced the fan with a Noctua A9x14. I was debating on getting the 4060ti instead but I saw this 3060ti on marketplace for 230 bucks.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Very nice, the cables look fantastic. Looking at the poor benchmarks of the 4060 Ti I think getting the 3060 Ti was the smart choice.

Reactions: Faceliss

Faceliss

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Very nice, the cables look fantastic. Looking at the poor benchmarks of the 4060 Ti I think getting the 3060 Ti was the smart choice.
thankyou! and yeah, I just couldn't justify it at all. I was hoping the leaks back then wasn't accurate but o well.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
This is a great and sensible Velka 3 build! That CPU is a very decent pairing for that GPU, no need to go for anything higher in the Velka 3 (especially also considering cooling limitations). Basically anything higher end in this case would barely net you any higher performance. (unless you want to get very funky with a shunt-modded and cooler swapped RTX A4000)

The only thing so so is those RAM sticks lol. Some decent 3200 MHz sticks are really affordable nowadays and could help a bit with those 1% lows ingame.

Reactions: Faceliss

tsar_2009

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2023
Hello, great build i'm considering something very close to your build! Thanks.
How about the noise from that flex psu?

Faceliss

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 28, 2023
This is a great and sensible Velka 3 build! That CPU is a very decent pairing for that GPU, no need to go for anything higher in the Velka 3 (especially also considering cooling limitations). Basically anything higher end in this case would barely net you any higher performance. (unless you want to get very funky with a shunt-modded and cooler swapped RTX A4000)

The only thing so so is those RAM sticks lol. Some decent 3200 MHz sticks are really affordable nowadays and could help a bit with those 1% lows ingame.
oh is that so? I was actually planning on going with current gen 65w amd build for it but I was trying to cut the cost down and I already had the 10400 and ram in the drawer lol. I'll prob upgrade the internals in a year or 2. Honestly this ram (i think the name is mushikin?) is doing its job for me just fine, FPS wise and all, it's doing alright with my D4/project zomboid needs. but you're right i should prob upgrade it haha.

Faceliss

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Update: The Dell 3060ti that I bought from market place died (VRAM issues) :c. Will be updating the post soon for the re-build.

Faceliss

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Pardon my very half assed modification.
The only thing that changed for parts are:
GPU: Palit 4060ti Storm X OC
RAM: 32gb kit Silicon Power Zenith DDR4 3200mhz
CPU Cooler/Fan: AXP 90x36 with ID-Cooling NO-9215-XT ARGB (Same fan on GPU)
Riser Cable: Link-Up PCIe 4.0 x16 Dual Reverse 19cm.
Some ARGB Splitter and a white spray can...

Faceliss

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Oh, wow. I've wondered if that was a legit site or not.
yea, had to look them up online, the site looked shady. I took a chance and since I paid with paypal I knew if something goes wrong I could just dispute it with them or my bank.

Reactions: rfarmer