Considering swith over NCase M1...

SnorlaxKing

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Mar 12, 2020
Hi all,

First post on the SFF.Network! Currently have a little dilemma and idea that would like to gather some advice, below is my current build and parts of my daily driver and it would be great if you guys would suggest if the switch will be worthwhile and if so, which parts to keep/improve, thanks in advance!

Case: NZXT H210i Matte WhiteKeep/Improve
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi ITXKeep/Improve (Prefer to keep)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700xKeep/Improve (Prefer to keep)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12SKeep/Improve
Case Fans:
2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM (Intake)
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 (Exhaust)

Keep/Improve
Keep/Improve
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G (rev. 2.0) Keep/Improve
Memory: 32GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 (2 x16GB)Keep/Improve
Stoage: Samsung M.2 SSD 970 Evo Plus 1TBKeep/Improve
PSU: Antec NEOECO Gold 650W Semi Modular 80Plus Gold (ATX)Keep/Improve

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Should fit in an M1 no problem. You'd just need to swap the PSU with an SFX like the Corsair SF600.

You could even fit it into a Dancase A4 if you change the CPU cooler. Fans would need to change too.

SnorlaxKing

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Mar 12, 2020
Should fit in an M1 no problem. You'd just need to swap the PSU with an SFX like the Corsair SF600.

You could even fit it into a Dancase A4 if you change the CPU cooler. Fans would need to change too.
Thanks for getting back! I’ve went and made my purchase! But then while waiting for the case to arrive, I’m just wondering about overall Cooling and Noise. Since I have always preferred a quiet PC, I’m just struggling between going AIO or Air Cooling in terms of noise levels...

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
I don't know how much noise your GPU produces normally, but it should have enough room to breathe and the 2060 Super doesn't have a crazy TDP.

There is a lot of discussion throughout this site about different CPU cooling configurations in the M1. The most popular seems to be either 240 AIO with 2 full size 120mm noctuas or NH-U9S with a single 120mm fan on the side blowing in, then the two fans on the tower, or one on the tower and one on the back of the case exhausting.

I've seen some discussion on using your CPU cooler in the NCase, but it's less common. You'll want to find the ideal balance between temps and noise.

I recommend checking out the NCase forum under Vendor Forums -> NCase.