Computer sold!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Build looks good, I am planning a similar build in a Fire MI-6. Same motherboard and CPU anyway, although I many wait until Intel releases the B360 motherboards.

I have owned a few of Asrocks lower end motherboards and one of the things I never liked was the cheap IO shields they use. I have a Z270 Fatal1ty and it has a much nicer padded one, I think they should all be like that.

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Love it! Next go round of s4 orders I’m for sure grabbing a silver one or cross my fingers white with a wood bezel. That’s a beautiful rig! I had my hdplex 400 wires pressing against my ram sticks for months with no issues. Keep us posted!

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
This build is beautiful! I love the paint job great color. Did you get inspiration from Josh for the color or did you just find it on your own? I have something similar in color planned for mine but I choose a more shiny version then yours and a wood front.

Edit: I forgot to add how happy are you with the 8400 for games? I’m thinking about getting that just for cost savings as I have a 1080 Mini instead of a 1070 for my 1440p ultrawide. I had a 8700k but for cost and heat savings I went for the 8600k but I could save $30 more for the 8400. I play a lot of GTA and Battlefield 1 so I eat cpu’s pretty heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Test Kit

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
I chose the color on my own. I scoured Prismatic Powders website for color ideas and ended up between Midnight Blue Wrinkle and Transparent Copper.

Couldn't be happier with the i5-8400. The temperatures have exceeded my expectations. This thing runs quite cool! I was using a Xeon E3-1245 v5 prior in my NAS (an i7 equivalent) and haven't noticed a performance difference. I don't play BF1 or GTA so I cannot comment on those games. I also don't have an ultrawide display so I'm not sure how performance would differ.
I usually run with i7’s and if they can keep up with that load in game then I’ll be fine! I personally like the wetstone midnight wrinkle 2. I have a 1080 mini so that will help my ultrawide I just can’t play at 60 FPS lol. I’m too used to high refresh.