Completed Circle Pro - Solid Alu CNCed mini-itx case - 240mm liquid cooling

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
125mm x 90mm according to my old CAD model, but I'm not sure if that's still accurate.
Their intention was to cover the 90mm fan port on the back of the ncase m1, but it's one of the smallest resoviors I have seen and I desperately want to see this case becoming the "inwin concept" of small form factors

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Though now that I think about it, where exactly would you mount that res to this case?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Can that reservoir be mounted sideways?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hmm, it's a bit hacky so I think it'd be easier to just run without a reservoir.

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
i don't see why not. the case would just need pass-through s, but can you image a case of this size with custom water cooling? it would be beautiful

Why couldn't you keep it all internal? If you sacrificed the 2.5" drives, you could probably fit a custom water block under the gpu.

I have a concept for a case where the actual case is the reservoir / block. I'd much prefer that over having an external unit that just fits on the back. I'm keen to hear more about this though. If there are easy modifications we can make to support a custom loop, it might be worth looking at!

About the harddrivers, can they be screed just on the bottom side to eliminate the hard drive bracket.

You could do this, but then the airflow would be blocked. They are standing vertically now so that the air from the bottom fans can circulate up and between the drives, keeping them cool.

Looks very nice. Perhaps make a metal panel that can clip on/off with weak magnets to hide USB's and such (and protect them from damage) when they're not in use?

Love this idea, was thinking of implementing something like this if I decided to have front IO.

Can the psu bracket be simplified to just hold the back part? Can it also be push up more for cable management?

It could be simplified, but I like the way it hides the entire PSU section, keeps the side profile clean. I can't push it up much higher because of the bend radius of the radiator tubes which have to fit through this section.

Also, notice that this case could be used without a PSU to facilitate an option of a full gpu, is this something that you look at?

I did experiment with a full length reference card and a modular HDPlex like power system, but chose the shorter gpu + standard psu as the better option. I made enough room for the zotac mini 1080ti, so we're not limited for power here. People who can afford this case hopefully won't mind getting new / specific components for it.

The water cooler, can the fans be placed on the bottom of the rediator?

Not really, due to the shape of the case.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
Why couldn't you keep it all internal? If you sacrificed the 2.5" drives, you could probably fit a custom water block under the gpu.

I have a concept for a case where the actual case is the reservoir / block. I'd much prefer that over having an external unit that just fits on the back. I'm keen to hear more about this though. If there are easy modifications we can make to support a custom loop, it might be worth looking at!

You could do this, but then the airflow would be blocked. They are standing vertically now so that the air from the bottom fans can circulate up and between the drives, keeping them cool.

Love this idea, was thinking of implementing something like this if I decided to have front IO.

It could be simplified, but I like the way it hides the entire PSU section, keeps the side profile clean. I can't push it up much higher because of the bend radius of the radiator tubes which have to fit through this section.

I did experiment with a full length reference card and a modular HDPlex like power system, but chose the shorter gpu + standard psu as the better option. I made enough room for the zotac mini 1080ti, so we're not limited for power here. People who can afford this case hopefully won't mind getting new / specific components for it.

Not really, due to the shape of the case.
Internal would have been ideal, but I was worried that putting a resovoir instead of the drives wouldn't work due to the size of them. The pump would also need to be somewhere

Castlepounder

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2017
Looks great! Excited to see the prototype! If you were to run a full sized gpu, what would be the max length possible? I understand you're heading in the sfx and mini form factor, but I am just curious!

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
Looks great! Excited to see the prototype! If you were to run a full sized gpu, what would be the max length possible? I understand you're heading in the sfx and mini form factor, but I am just curious!

Max supported length is 215mm, so it'll fit the new zotac 1080Ti mini which is 211mm long :) Not sure how the thermals will work out with that though, I hear it's a very hot card. The case has 4 fans encouraging full case airflow, but I won't know for sure until I do some proper testing with the prototype. I would personally err on the side of a cooler / more efficient card like the 1060 for most purposes.

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
Hey guys, I have two questions:

1. Has anyone here ever successfully routed the antenna output of a standard mini-itx board into an internal antenna solution?

2. Has anyone here ever installed an internal speaker into their builds?

Thanks!

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hey guys, I have two questions:

1. Has anyone here ever successfully routed the antenna output of a standard mini-itx board into an internal antenna solution?

2. Has anyone here ever installed an internal speaker into their builds?

Thanks!
1. yes, but only if your case has a plastic front fascia that you can stick the antenna's to the inside of. If your antennas are inside a metal case they will not work very well at all.
EDIT: Laptops usually mount the antenna behind the screen because its plastic.
2. No, but its something I was going to look into doing, let me know how it goes!

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
1. yes, but only if your case has a plastic front fascia that you can stick the antenna's to the inside of. If your antennas are inside a metal case they will not work very well at all.
EDIT: Laptops usually mount the antenna behind the screen because its plastic.

Yes, would definitely come up with a smart way to integrate the antenna. Most likely a plastic section. How would the wiring work though? Does it require opening up the wifi i/o section and custom soldering?

Reactions: yawacool

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Usually the motherboards have a WiFi cards which can be replaced with items such as THIS one (depending on your slot type, there are different ones), I'm not sure what the latest cards are as its been a while since I've had to do it.

In terms of wiring you can usually buy pre-wired kits such as THIS one or THIS one, the small flat antennas can be a bit hit and miss with their range and performance though. The ends of the wires are quite easily to fit, they just pop onto the connectors on the card.

darksidecookie

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 1, 2016
Yes, would definitely come up with a smart way to integrate the antenna. Most likely a plastic section. How would the wiring work though? Does it require opening up the wifi i/o section and custom soldering?
would using the metal case (or part of it) as an antenna be a viable solution?

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
In terms of wiring you can usually buy pre-wired kits such as THIS one or THIS one, the small flat antennas can be a bit hit and miss with their range and performance though. The ends of the wires are quite easily to fit, they just pop onto the connectors on the card.

Thanks K888D! Great info.

would using the metal case (or part of it) as an antenna be a viable solution?

Yes, potentially!