CPU Chromax NF-A12x25 Delayed Again

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Is it weird that this fan has minimum of 900RPM in PWM mode but ONLY 450RPM in DC mode? I thought PWM allows fans to hit lower minimum RPM than DC. Here's the product link for reference https://www.xpg.com/us/feature/691/

yes, there's a Youtuber that has tested the fans in both applications - case fan & radiator fan, and in radiator, the performance of Uni Fan is on par. His method is rather unorthodox but as he is consistent, it's at least a perspective to look at

IMO the 11cm vs 12cm fan blade does not cause much difference with radiator use since most radiator has the lip of the shroud extends by 3-5mm and block the tip of the typical fan blade anyway. Will do some testing and comparison when I build my NR200 triple radiator build next week 😁
Most of the rads I'm familiar with offhand only have corner tabs for the fans, not a full side lining obstructing the fans. Even now my ancient 10 year old Swiftech rads were like that.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Most of the rads I'm familiar with offhand only have corner tabs for the fans, not a full side lining obstructing the fans. Even now my ancient 10 year old Swiftech rads were like that.
take HWL - this is the Bitspower Leviathan SF240 which is just a HWL L-series stealth OEM. TX240 has a similar lip

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
The questions is this; How much difference is there between this one and their already popular NF-F12? I mean, how much of a difference can a fan at the level which both of these are, actually make?

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
The questions is this; How much difference is there between this one and their already popular NF-F12? I mean, how much of a difference can a fan at the level which both of these are, actually make?
Quite a bit, the NF-F12 isn't actually all that great.

Not saying the NF-F12 is a bad fan,. am still using 2 of them myself, just that there have been significant improvements over the years, and the NF-A12 is probably the current pinnacle of consumer fan designs.

Heck even the cheap af Arctic P12 is quite a bit better than an NF-F12.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Quite a bit, the NF-F12 isn't actually all that great.

Not saying the NF-F12 is a bad fan,. am still using 2 of them myself, just that there have been significant improvements over the years, and the NF-A12 is probably the current pinnacle of consumer fan designs.

Heck even the cheap af Arctic P12 is quite a bit better than an NF-F12.
Really? Do you have any information to back up your claim?... I watched OptimumTech's video on this fan when it was first released in 2018 and he said that as a normal case fan, it wouldn't be worth it to upgrade. It's mostly and best suited as an radiator fan foremost.