Cooling Chromax NF-A12x15?

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
The Chromax/black stuff they showed at Computex is all scheduled for Q1 2019. Can't help to wonder why it must take so long time, though.

I guess one thing is R&D and validation, and perhaps also adjustments of existing stock.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
The Chromax/black stuff they showed at Computex is all scheduled for Q1 2019. Can't help to wonder why it must take so long time, though.

I guess one thing is R&D and validation, and perhaps also adjustments of existing stock.

One of the guys in that reddit post linked says he works in plastics, and that changing the dye in a plastic changes many other characteristics about it, so everything else has to be changed too. So aparently it's not just as simple as changing what color dye is used.

Reactions: Mackan

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
What we really need is a Chromax NF-A9x14 to put on the NH-L9I. It's just way to prominent on that heatsink

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
One of the guys in that reddit post linked says he works in plastics, and that changing the dye in a plastic changes many other characteristics about it, so everything else has to be changed too. So aparently it's not just as simple as changing what color dye is used.
They actually use a different plastic last time I checked, so the entire process would be even more complex