Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Chasis Fan Header Inquiry

SatelliteEmpire

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 8, 2020
Hey! Just had a quick question concerning the ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming, more specifically, the Chasis Fan Header's max Amp.

I have the Raijintek Ophion ALS case and I was wanting to connect 2x Noctua NF-S12A PWM Chromax and 1x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax

From Noctua's Website, it shows that the amp draw from the slim is 0.13 A and the two S12A's draw 0.12 A respectively.

So the question is, since the B450-I only has 1 chasis fan header, can I use a 3 way splitter to connect all 3 fans and use it on that one header without any issues? (aka what is the max Amp draw on that chasis header?)

I would prefer not to use a controller or connect the fans to a sata power cable since this is an SFF build and I want to reduce as much clutter as possible.

Also am I missing anything else? Wattage shouldn't be an issue since my PSU is a 550w right?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Your board has two chassis fan headers in addition to the CPU fan. One of the fan headers is labeled as a pump, but it's the same thing. Attach the 2 S12a fans to a splitter into a single header and the other fan on its own.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey! Just had a quick question concerning the ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming, more specifically, the Chasis Fan Header's max Amp.

I have the Raijintek Ophion ALS case and I was wanting to connect 2x Noctua NF-S12A PWM Chromax and 1x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax

From Noctua's Website, it shows that the amp draw from the slim is 0.13 A and the two S12A's draw 0.12 A respectively.

So the question is, since the B450-I only has 1 chasis fan header, can I use a 3 way splitter to connect all 3 fans and use it on that one header without any issues? (aka what is the max Amp draw on that chasis header?)

I would prefer not to use a controller or connect the fans to a sata power cable since this is an SFF build and I want to reduce as much clutter as possible.

Also am I missing anything else? Wattage shouldn't be an issue since my PSU is a 550w right?
That board's headers can support:

CPU - 2A
W_Pump - 1A
CHA - 1A.

So no problem with the splitters! But as suggested, I think will be better to have the 2 S12 with an Y splitter on the CHA header and the A12x15 on the W_Pump.

Reactions: SatelliteEmpire

SatelliteEmpire

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 8, 2020
Your board has two chassis fan headers in addition to the CPU fan. One of the fan headers is labeled as a pump, but it's the same thing. Attach the 2 S12a fans to a splitter into a single header and the other fan on its own.

That board's headers can support:

CPU - 2A
W_Pump - 1A
CHA - 1A.

So no problem with the splitters! But as suggested, I think will be better to have the 2 S12 with an Y splitter on the CHA header and the A12x15 on the W_Pump.

Ah! I did not know this. For some reason I thought the w_pump header had it's own ... rules? lol Thank you so much for clarifying guys! I'll go ahead and split the S12's and have the a12 on it's own!