Chance to get a Ncase M1 V5 - Buy this or V6.1 instead

CarlosCalderon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 2, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a DAN A4 right now, but also a lot of temperature issues with it. There is now a chance to get a black Ncase M1 V5 fairly cheap (~140€).

Is the V6.1 worth 120€ more money spent? What would I miss, when I buy the V5 - not able to get the right idea by comparing the data sheets of the V5 vs V6.1.
Are there any problems longevity which were fixed in V6.1?

Thanks in advance!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It is hard to say, if the revision from V5 to V6.1 will benefit you enough to justify the price differential.
You just have to take a hard look and go down the list and decide for yourself.
Right here:- https://ncases.com/products/m1?variant=29530125664316

Going from V5 to V6/6.1, the ventilated area on the side panel now goes down to the GPU area. This potentially can help heat dissipation of non-blower type display cards. So, if your display card is a blower card, then this might not benefit you as much.
Maybe, at least, you can list out all the hardware that you plan to put inside the case and let M1 owners give further advice?

CarlosCalderon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 2, 2019
Hey there,

thanks for your help. I do not have a blower card right now, but I also don't have a high end grafics card either...

In my Case I have the following setup:

AMD Ryzen 3600 <--- This one is a heaty beast. In the Dan A4 I am not able to cool this properly. Any advice for a good air cooler? Or what is the standard cooling recommentation?
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC
Gigabyte Geforce 1060 GTX OC Windforce 2, 6 GB --> Plan to upgrade to new RTX 3060/TI in the future in the end of the year
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB RAM 3200
Corsair SFX 450 Gold

Bglobber

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
Dude, V6.1 has better potential in terms of fitting GPU sizes. Some cards might not fit V5 so well. So, I would definitely go for V6.1.
So, you are willing to get such an expensive GPU and trying to avoid spending 120 euros for the new case? It's irrational. Also put in mind, that Ncase M1 is not solid as rock. So, used case might have some defects, something will eventually get loose. Buy new one!

CarlosCalderon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 2, 2019
Is this really the case, when my main aim is to fit midrange cards in there? The qualitity of the used cased is perfect, because I know the owner and the case :-)

The side panels have the ventilation holes only in the upper area... Don't know how much this will effect the cooling performance.