Concept Challenge: "Piece of Case" with 240 AIO / custom loop support

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
During my lunch break I came up with the idea if it would be possible to make some open air case out of a single piece of acrylic / metal with support for 240 AIOs / rads / custom loop.

Challenge target:
  • Only one single piece of acrylic or metal plus standard screws, standoffs and cable ties
  • Easy and cheap to produce for everybody at a makerspace
  • No riser cables
  • Full lenght GPU support
  • 240 AIO / custom loop support
  • SFX PSU support
  • 2x SSD support
  • focus on the function; nice to have but not necessary: sleek appearance
It's a project just for fun and I invite you to add your ideas and thoughts.

If it succeeds, we can put the drawings to resources for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty2k1 and eedev

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
It's an interesting idea, it looks like the design you've sketched has a couple of bends in it. From looking into making my own open air case getting access to a press brake is the biggest stumbling block. You mentioned maker spaces, have you come across ones where they are available?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
It's an interesting idea, it looks like the design you've sketched has a couple of bends in it. From looking into making my own open air case getting access to a press brake is the biggest stumbling block. You mentioned maker spaces, have you come across ones where they are available?

If you go for acrylic, the bends are no big problem. Acrylic can be bend easily by making it hot with a hot air gun. For aluminum maybe you could find some small metal workshop in your area?