Production CATAPULTCASE - Fully Modular ITX Cases (3.2L to 11.6L)

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
Hello friends! I'm excited to introduce some concept/prototype cases I'm developing and to get involved with the community. The concepts all revolve around a fully modular case ecosystem, where the community can design and share modular upgrades to the cases and style them to your liking. The advent of mainstream 3D printing enabled me to get this far, and I'm excited to see what people can do moving forward. I'm proud to debut https://catapultcase.com

April 2024 Update - The LP4 and LP500 designs are now available digitally, and pre-built in small batches from the website.

Full Range:

Catapult.FLEX

The full realization of the Catapult modular concept, the CATAPULT.FLEX offers full compatibility of everything in the Panel Library, with configurations ranging from 3.2L to 5.6L to suit a variety of hardware configurations.

SPECIFICATION
  • Volume: Variable: 3.2L to 5.6L
  • Max CPU cooler height is dependent on chosen volume:
    • 81mm depth: 60mm
    • 84mm depth: 63mm
    • 90mm depth: 70mm
  • PSU support is dependent on chosen volume:
    • HDPLEX 250W / 500W GaN
    • Integrated DC / PICO PSUs
  • GPU support is dependent on chosen volume:
    • 81mm / 84mm depth – APU only
    • 90mm depth – Low Profile GPU*
  • GPU Riser: Not required

* Max GPU length dependent on extensions used & chosen volume, but 182mm is supported with default width of 196mm

Catapult.LP4

Nips and tucks to make a 4.0L variant of the Catapult.FLEX design. Perfect fit for the Gigabyte 4060 LP Graphics card and the HDPLEX 250W GaN PSU.

SPECIFICATION
  • Volume: 4.0L (241mm x 217mm x 84mm)
  • Max CPU Cooler Height: 63mm
  • PSU Support: HDPLEX 250W GaN or Integrated DC / PICO PSUs
  • GPU Support: Low Profile GPU with max length of 182mm
  • GPU Riser: Not required

Catapult.LP500

The original Catapult design that aimed to deliver an ITX case that was as thin as possible, whilst still offering desktop class hardware and cooling options. At 5.9L, this legacy design set the foundation for the Catapult.FLEX that fully delivers on the modular standards that the LP500 started

SPECIFICATION
  • Volume: 5.9L (304mm x 241mm x 81mm)
  • Max CPU Cooler Height: 60mm
  • PSU Support: HDPLEX 250W / 500W GaN or Integrated DC / PICO PSUs
  • GPU Support: Low Profile GPU with max length of 182mm
  • GPU Riser: 15cm ADT-Link R3335W

Catapult.XL
  • 11.6L (304mm x 199mm x 192mm)
  • Uses 81mm side panel segments
  • CPU Cooler: Approx up to 110mm height
  • GPU: 240mm max length, 4070 Super Founders Edition with "flow through" panels prototyped
  • Riser cable: 20/25cm ADT-Link R3335W or any riser of your choice that matches the mounting points
  • PSU: Designed for SFX and Flex PSU, but includes mounting points for HDPLEX 250 GaN AIO ATX Power Supplies

All of the cases will share the following design features:

• Panel Library: 81, 84 and 90mm panel segments to meet the needs of your hardware
  • Multiple styles to suit different functions/styles
  • All panel segments can be 3D-Printed using provided STL/STEP files
  • Optional metal finishing plates in a variety of finishes coming soon

Last edited:

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024

JANUARY 2024 - Development Log

• Catapult.XL model designed that targets full-size GPU (such as Founders Edition 4070 Super) and support for Flex PSU
  • Catapult.LP model height increased by 11mm to include option of 500W HDPLEX PSU
  • First metal prototype (images below) has irregular front panel spacing, fixed in subsequent versions
  • Future prototypes will have stainless steel back plate, replacing the GPU/PCI mount gasket design
  • Steel & Aluminum frame, PLA and ABS prototype panel segments assembled for prototype below
  • Temporary top panel (a duplicate of motherboard tray) is in use with magnetic dust filtration added
  • Thumbscrews used are not final design

Last edited:

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024

MARCH 2024 - Development Notes

Howdy folks, excited to share my new design and early prototypes for feedback – as always, this case can be fully 3D printed, or you can enhance with metal components for stability. This XL design reuses many elements from the Cataplut.LP and Catapult.APU cases, expanding the modular ecosystem. There are 2 primary configurations intended:

Power configuration:
  • Supports 240mm length GPU
  • Supports SFX Power Supply
  • Ample CPU cooler height (Approx 110mm)
  • 120mm AIO Support
  • 140mm top case fan

Passive configuration:
  • Supports Noctua NH-P1 passive CPU cooler
  • Supports Passive Palit KalmX 3050 GPU
  • HDPLEX 250 GaN Passive PSU
  • Optional mounts for dual 140mm case fans

As always, more pictures and full development log at https://catapultcase.com/development-log-1 and I’d love to get feedback!

Last edited:

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024

JANUARY 2024 Development Log​

• New metal prototype images added to first post!
  • Catapult.XL model designed that targets full-size GPU (such as Founders Edition 4070 Super) and support for Flex PSU.
  • Catapult.LP model height increased by 11mm to include option of 500W HDPLEX PSU
  • First metal prototype has irregular front panel spacing, fixed in subsequent versions
  • All future prototypes will have stainless steel back plate, replacing the prior GPU/PCI mount gasket design
  • Steel & Aluminum frame, PLA and ABS prototype panel segments assembled for prototype
  • Temporary top panel (a duplicate of motherboard tray) is in use with magnetic dust filtration added
  • Thumbscrews used are not final design

Last edited:
Reactions: ignsvn

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
New prototype of the 4.3L APU version, supporting the HDPLEX 250W. Some pics next to the LP version which of course, supports the 500W variant. Had some fun with the multi-color 3D printer too!

Last edited:

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
Dropping some early photos of the new prototypes that arrived today. I'm using some unfinished corner pieces as the next batch of corners are going through post processing (drying!) but was excited to share these as a sneak peek...

I'm really happy with the powder coated aluminum side panels, though this design is too expensive. I've been exploring different designs to keep costs/cuts down, nothing to share yet though. I'm also very happy with the quality of the 3D printed panels - they are made of 3 pieces each; a PETG frame, a PETG inner core to act as a heat shield, and then the top plate is PLA - need to test if they can withstand the temperature without warping. You'll also see some real Brass panels for accents.

Last edited:

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
I'm excited to share that I've completed v1.0 of my Catapult.LP ITX case, and it's now available to download from my website https://store.catapultcase.com

I set out on this project to create a completely 3D Printable ITX case, with the option to upgrade key components to metal for a more refined finish. This first release has been in development for quite a few months and I'm delighted with how it turned out. I do plan to sell metal parts in the near future if there is a demand for it. For now, I look forward to launching the 3D Printable models and I hope folks will experiement with the possible finishes and share them here.

All feedback is appreciated! I have 2 other cases in development, an small 3.9L case, and also a 11.6L "XL" version which I'm having a LOT of fun designing and exploring the possibilities. I post regular updates on my website https://catapultcase.com and love being a part of this community, thank you for all the inspiration and conversation so far!

And an early look at the XL prototype... currently using entirely passive components! (if you exclude the side 140mm fan lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024

MARCH 2024 - Development Notes

Howdy folks, excited to share my new design and early prototypes for feedback – as always, this case can be fully 3D printed, or you can enhance with metal components for stability. This XL design reuses many elements from the Cataplut.LP and Catapult.APU cases, expanding the modular ecosystem. There are 2 primary configurations intended:

Power configuration:
  • Supports 240mm length GPU
  • Supports SFX Power Supply
  • Ample CPU cooler height (Approx 110mm)
  • 120mm AIO Support
  • 140mm top case fan

Passive configuration:
  • Supports Noctua NH-P1 passive CPU cooler
  • Supports Passive Palit KalmX 3050 GPU
  • HDPLEX 250 GaN Passive PSU
  • Optional mounts for dual 140mm case fans

As always, more pictures and full development log at https://catapultcase.com/development-log-1 and I’d love to get feedback!

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
Wanted to join the 4-liter club with my new prototype, Catapult.LP4. Supports low profile GPUs without the need of any risers, and CPU cooler height support is around 65mm. Designed specifically for the HDPLEX 250W Passive PSU. Dimensions are 220mm x 217mm x 84mm. 100% 3D Printable, but key pieces could be produced from sheet metal if desired.

As always, it’s compatible with components from my full range of designs, but this model has unique full cover panels with spaces to insert a mesh/filter of your own choosing. I plan to back-design these covers to the rest of the range also.

This is still an early prototype – there are some blemishes and corrections still needed but would love to hear your thoughts!

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
Very awesome APU case! Looking forward to buying the 3d prints when it's done!

Thank you! I actually got my low profile gpu supporting case down to 4.0L so I'm going to have to revisit the APU, currently at 3.9L hah. I feel like in hindsight, I can do better with that 1. I'm aiming to make that LP 4L case available both as a complete case purchase, and available digitally this weekend!

chrisR

Cable Smoosher
Aug 1, 2021
Bought it! However there's no directions included for assembly. I could really use a basic assembly guide.

CatapultCase

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Catapult Case
Jan 9, 2024
thanks @chrisR ! I have an in-progress manual for the LP500 here which is similar, but I'll write the instructions for LP4 this week and ping you ASAP - sorry it isn't available already, I was heads down updating the website the past week