Discussion Cases that can handle 400w+ next gen gpu

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
So there's allot of sources, that are speculating that lovelace could push 400-500w and Rdna3 is looking like 400w.

So naturally that means that the 4080...etc level cards are going to be very beefy.

I was looking at the Q58 but I've seen reviews that it doesn't actually support 320mm, more like 310mm and I think that won't be enough.

So now I'm looking at the Meshy and NR200, what else should I look at for a next gen high end air cooled gpu?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
It's pretty hard to guestimate when one do not have any clue about the actual design of the next gen of GPU. Triple slot ? Quad Slot ? Very wide ? It's too early honestly.

Unfortunately I need a case now, I wanted to get something that had taken the power levels of the new cards into consideration

Gotmachine

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2020
Watercooling aside, mods like deshrouding, intake ducting and exhaust isolation will likely be the best way to handle those thermal power levels.
The upcoming DAN/Lian-Li C4-SFX will likely be a good candidate, but currently the best case for such mods is the NR200.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Along with the Dan C4, This Case , should fit the bill.

I recently did a rig build for someone using the Jonsbo V8 . It's solid, roomy but not too big. It lacks the polish of a high end boutique case as it is more of a mass production item. It's a good choice in my opinion.