Cooling Case fan for streacom f1c?

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Hello people..

I just build a coffee lake i7 in a streacom f1c case will soon post the finished build etc on here :)

I need to find an exhaust fan for the case, and streacom states that their bracket supports 60x10 and 40x10 fans.. My problem is, that in my country I can only get 20mm in depth :/

Anyone know if I could fit that in the bracket of my case?

EDIT: It can't be 20mm, so never mind. Have to wait weeks on the fan instead.

Last edited:

scf

Cable Smoosher
Jan 10, 2018
Btw, what cpu cooler do you use? I have a kozuti (with 8400) but feel unsatisfied with it and gonna try something else.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Btw, what cpu cooler do you use? I have a kozuti (with 8400) but feel unsatisfied with it and gonna try something else.
Try the Cooltek ITX30

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017

I'm with the noctua nh-l9i. I wanted to try others, but the temps for my use i really fine. So don't want to spend the money. But I did buy a silent Wings fan to try when it arrives :)

And oh, remember that I did mod the case top. The i7 8700 was to hot for the standart closed case.

Reactions: scf

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Could you tell more about your mod?

I thought about drilling wholes or cutting lines in the original lit. But would not want to ruin the original case.
So I bought a smoked grey plexiglass 3mm thick. Then with a jigsaw I made an exact copy of the streacom top. After that I just drilled 20 something wholes to get air through :)

In my case I have Asus 370z STRIX-i, with the lights on the case looks insane because of that smoked plexiglass.

I could make a sff build log topic like others in here, if you want to see the full thing. Have thought about it before :)

Reactions: scf

parlinone

Trash Compacter
Nov 3, 2017
I thought about drilling wholes or cutting lines in the original lit. But would not want to ruin the original case.
So I bought a smoked grey plexiglass 3mm thick. Then with a jigsaw I made an exact copy of the streacom top. After that I just drilled 20 something wholes to get air through :)

In my case I have Asus 370z STRIX-i, with the lights on the case looks insane because of that smoked plexiglass.

I could make a sff build log topic like others in here, if you want to see the full thing. Have thought about it before :)

I did the exact same thing with my Nexus Psile (first Streacom case when they were still called Nexus). Seems they still have issues with proper case cooling?

Only I drilled 300+ holes o_O

Last edited:

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017

I did the exact same thing with my Nexus Psile (first Streacom case when they were still called Nexus). Seems they still have issues with proper case cooling?

Only I drilled 300+ holes o_O

I remember that case, but your picture does not work? :)

BTW, I think it depends on what type of hardware you put in it. I build one for a friend, with only an i5, temps with him are fine without the wholes.

parlinone

Trash Compacter
Nov 3, 2017
yeah no idea why it doest post the picture, the linking system seems broke for public dropbox links.
But I put it in my avatar, alas a small picture.

parlinone

Trash Compacter
Nov 3, 2017
I remember that case, but your picture does not work? :)

BTW, I think it depends on what type of hardware you put in it. I build one for a friend, with only an i5, temps with him are fine without the wholes.

No, the airflow design of the Psile was literally broken. It would blow the hot air out from the aluminium holes on the backside, of which there were only a few. That would heat up the case and also heat up the air going in. So the system by design goes into a negative cycle of ever increasing temps. Even a 25W CPU would slowly climb towards 70+ degrees because of that. If you build a system with the Psile, I doubt you really stress tested it at summer ambient levels?

My own airflow design that also separates incoming from outgoing air can easily take a 65W processor at summer ambient. Haven't tried 95W but with a higher speed fan I think it wouldn't be an issue either.

Last edited:

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
No, the airflow design of the Psile was literally broken. It would blow the hot air out from the aluminium holes on the backside, of which there were only a few. That would heat up the case and also heat up the air going in. So the system by design goes into a negative cycle of ever increasing temps. Even a 25W CPU would slowly climb towards 70+ degrees because of that. If you build a system with the Psile, I doubt you really stress tested it at summer ambient levels?

My own airflow design that also separates incoming from outgoing air can easily take a 65W processor at summer ambient. Haven't tried 95W but with a higher speed fan I think it wouldn't be an issue either.

Sorry I was talking about the streacom case like mine. I made that for a friend, but without the mod :)