Car Spotter Thread - For the car lovers

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
Introduction
I know there are special websites and forums for cars, but i was wondering if there were any car lovers here.

I'm a huge car freak so i was very excited that i spotted this Huracan in my town. My favorite car brands are Porsche, Lamborghini, and Volvo, it's my dream to own a Lamborghini Gallardo 2011 some day. With that in mind i actually got something to work for. And if i had to choose for Porsche i would definitely get the Panamera 4s or the Cayenne. Currently we own a XC90 which also drives really awesome, but i would choose Lamborghini or Porsche above Volvo.

Spotted this beast
So today i was waiting on the bus and i heard this beast driving in the distance and he parked behind me so i stood there for like 30 minutes just to hear it leave. Spotted in Groningen The Netherlands. I just keep staring at the pictures, these kind of cars really keep me motivated.

If you spotted something awesome post it down below!

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
This was a few months ago but I saw a 918 just casually parked in someone's driveway while walking down the street. I could tell from the exhaust that I was looking at an exotic, but didn't realize how rare and expensive it was until I looked it up later. Almost a million $ for it.

Not my picture

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
This was a few months ago but I saw a 918 just casually parked in someone's driveway while walking down the street. I could tell from the exhaust that I was looking at an exotic, but didn't realize how rare and expensive it was until I looked it up later. Almost a million $ for it.

Not my picture
That looks really awesome :)

Reactions: AleksandarK

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017

Not my picture
What a epic car.. amazing!

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017

Enjoy lol..hey this is rare man. In 2015 there was only 1 of these left that was licensed for use on UK roads. It could well be this one! Snapped in 2016. You can't put a price on that exclusivity...well ok you probably can, about 400 quid.
Lol, this post really made my day. And indeed this car is very rare, does someone knows the model name of this car?

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
(lol I give up on naming)

Essentially, here you can discuss cars you've seen, new models, your current car, your dream car, etc. etc.

Also, I'll have a "leaderboard" with the longest lasting cars on it (as in from the year of manufacture to now). Probably won't include restoration projects here since they're a different type of thing IMO.

P.S.
The reason why I'm making so many of these is that I'm in China and bored af.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'll go first...

I own a 2003 Honda Accord LX in Silver that was my parents' old car. Yeah, 15 years and still going strong. My dad and I had to replace the starter solenoid 2 years back, but it still drives like a dream.

My dream car(s) are (these sound really stupid in hindsight): A Volvo FMX modded with a camper in the back, a Polestar (the hatchback one), the Civic Type R, and finally a Honda Insight. Yes, an Insight. Yes, they do make them. Yes, they are semi-decent.

You may notice that I have an obsession with Volvo and Honda. It's because I like durable things (I drop/break things too often), and Volvos are classically tankish, while my family has had great experiences with Honda. My parents' first car was an Acura Integra (first-generation, 1983) that they drove until 2003, when they got this Accord. My dad's work car is a 2005 Honda Civic, also going strong. Finally, since I took their Accord (whoops lol) and we live in snowy/inclement weathery Colorado, they now also have a 2017 Honda Pilot.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Merged duplicate threads

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Saw a Volvo Polestar (S60 edition) in China of all places :p. I don't have pics or a way to upload them, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
@Phuncz @tinyitx

I knew about the Geely part (I'm not completely uninformed ;D)... It was surprising to me since it's a relatively special make of an already (reasonably from my experience) somewhat not commonly seen vehicle in China. Volvos are kinda expensive in China too, so it was a surprise to me. :p.

I wonder if Volvo limits their Polestar production numbers like Honda does with the Civic Type R...

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
That Polestar must have cost a fortune. It's I think 30% tax on the 3.0 engine plus import tax.

I'm picking up a 2009 C30 tomorrow (black). My first Volvo since the last car (S70) I owned in 2013 >.<

Reactions: Phuncz and el01

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Years ago I had a crush on the Volvo 850...must be in the early 90's. And must be before el01 was born;).
If anyone cannot conjure up an 850 image in his mind, google it. It looks boxy by today's standard...I think, it was considered boxy in those days too. But I like its look. The 850 T-5R was a sexy beast.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I went to buy a 1998 V70R (Saffron), my gf at the time told me she was going to leave me if I bought an orange volvo wagon. I went anyways but the bastard sold it to someone else even though I told him I was coming the next day to buy it :(

I ended up with an S70 GLT (2.4T) which served me well until I went to China. I guess that's as close to owning an 850 as I will get, but its pretty darn close!

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Years ago I had a crush on the Volvo 850...must be in the early 90's. And must be before el01 was born;).
If anyone cannot conjure up an 850 image in his mind, google it. It looks boxy by today's standard...I think, it was considered boxy in those days too. But I like its look. The 850 T-5R was a sexy beast.
I was born in the 90s, and I personally looked at the Integra type R and the old NSX as cool cars when I was growing up ;) Maybe it's because my family is a bunch of Honda lovers. :p. My parents' first car was a Honda, along with all of my nuclear family (I think???)'s cars (my Honda Accord, stolen passed on from my dad; my dad/mom's 2005 Honda Civic, and then the family 2017 Honda Pilot).

I would love an Integra reboot though :D. Kinda like: Take an Accord, make it a hatchback, slap a 500HP+ engine into the thing, use a damn manual transmission, and include duct tape for seatbelts (to prevent jarring from excessive acceleration.

Do you know what's a sexy look on a car? Linus' Lambo :D. Or, as I saw a few days ago in China, a matte purple wrapped Hyundai Sonata 2016 :D

Last edited: