Concept "Cable Management shaft" of 2x 120mm AIOs?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Thought I make a separate thread away from Dan's C4 thread to keep collisions a minimum

so Dan was polling on removing support of dual 120mm AIOs from the C4, and this came to mind. would love to hear what's Daniel's and Necere's and Louqe's thoughts on this:

instead of stacking the radiators with the tubes facing away from them, how about a separate vertical space for tubes immediately exiting the rad? (and maybe even cables and an SSD?)

I don't think I have the means of making this into a reality firsthand, so...

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Well, the main thing I'd point out is that it'd be a fairly substantial size increase to either of those cases (especially the C4). A single 120mm rad is around 152-155mm long on average, so turning them sideways like that puts the case at a bare minimum of about 160mm wide - the same width as the M1. At that point, does a riser-based design still make sense, given the increased cost and potential reliability concerns?

RaDus

Chassis Packer
Jul 15, 2018
You could have the side of the rad with tubes, pointing toward the front and back instead, running the tubes along the front and back. Maybe even have some kind of built in protusions in the case, where you could fasten the tubes with velcro or cable ties. It might even alleviate the length "problem" of some AIO tubes.