Oops…this isn’t a picture of memory. Some how I accidentally put a screen cap from a Department of Justice press release here instead….
Tom’s Hardware is reporting that Samsung is cutting NAND and DRAM production. Why? Because money of course. The DRAM and NAND market has basically been collapsing  with 2TB NVME drives finally reaching prices that most users would consider acceptable. Samsung, which totally has never been caught price fixing again and again, is of course not happy with that. So rather than...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I already got some 32GB DDR4 and a few 2TB SSDs, also 128GB DDR4 Registered for the server, but that was second hand. The prices are good but this won't last. It might be the last time DDR4 (new) will cost considerably less to DDR5, I've seen the same with DDR2 and DDR3, later with DDR3 and DDR4 that prices don't adjust after an artificial price inflation. They'll switch to producing mainly DDR5 soon enough, if they haven't already.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I picked up a 2TB Crucial P3+ for our test bench the other day for a little over $100. I'm tempted to pick up some more before everything goes sideways with the markets.

It's funny....every time DRAM and NAND prices fall these companies all decide simultaneously to cut productions, or the power turns off in one of their fabs.

Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer