CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270i GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 10 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 10 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB G1 Gaming Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 109.89 CFM 120 mm
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm

Just bought this case looking to build a hybrid plex/couch gaming secondary machine with some of my left over parts.

Current cost new expenses on this build are the SF750 and the case.

I already know the Motherboard does not have a usb 2.0 and im ok with running the cable to usb to the backpanel for any closed loop AIO that I use.

My 1st question is it possible to get the x42 to work in this case? I have access to a 3d printer at work and can make extensions for the side panel now that with v6 they extended the mesh\ventilation down further.

If the answer is no my next option is after I pony up (139 on amazon) and buy the nzxt x52. Which Leads me to question 2 Will I be able to fit the video card and 2 10tb 3.5 drives in this case. I believe it’s possible looking at compatibility lists on your site but want to make sure before I even start.

Thanks again,

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
The answer to your first question should be yes. SFFLab quotes the specification as Maximum height: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, and the radiator supported is up to a 240, and that radiator fan is a 140. The answer to your second question is also found on the SFFlab site: "2x 3.5" HDDs supported via removable brackets attached to the fan bracket (uses up one side 120mm fan location) " Assuming that the 140 mm radiator does not take up more than it should, you should be able to fit those drives.

Also, in the LTT video, @ 5:06 he mounted a 3.5" drive underneath the graphics card. So another place to mount drives.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The fan bracket only supports 120mm fans, so you won't be able to mount the x42 without some kind of adapter. Even then, I can't guarantee it won't conflict with some part of the chassis or the power cable.

The two 3.5" HDDs will fit using the HDD bracket mounted to the fan bracket, but be aware that they use up one of the two 120mm fans mounts. This means if you were thinking of upgrading to the Kraken x52, you would no longer have a place to mount the drives.

The video card will fit without issue.

Also, in the LTT video, @ 5:06 he mounted a 3.5" drive underneath the graphics card. So another place to mount drives.
The drive mounts on the floor of the case no longer exist in V6. They're not really suitable to use with an air-cooled GPU anyway, as the drive blocked a lot of the airflow.

beardthough

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
The answer to your first question should be yes. SFFLab quotes the specification as Maximum height: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, and the radiator supported is up to a 240, and that radiator fan is a 140. The answer to your second question is also found on the SFFlab site: "2x 3.5" HDDs supported via removable brackets attached to the fan bracket (uses up one side 120mm fan location) " Assuming that the 140 mm radiator does not take up more than it should, you should be able to fit those drives.

Thanks for the reply if I can make the brackets ill post on the site with dimension if someone else wants to print.