Log Brickless Skyreach S4 mini

Leprechaun

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019
i recently rebuilt my skyreach s4 mini for my living room PC. The components are i5 8600k, 16GBs of ultra low profile ram, z370 ASrock mini itx, BlackRidge cooler with noctua 120mm slim fan, HDPLEX power supply setup with custom cables from PSlate customs, and found a HP GTX 1660 super with the connector coming out of the back of the card. Perfect for skyreach.

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Holy crap that is awesome, good find. Might have to steal this idea!

Are the fans behind the GPU required for thermals or are you just playing it safe? Would still like to keep my SSDs...

Leprechaun

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019

Are the fans behind the GPU required for thermals or are you just playing it safe? Would still like to keep my SSDs...
That’s what I said when I saw this GPU and thanks. The card does a better job then I thought it would at cooling but yeah the fans are just there as exhaust, I don’t think it would change much if I didn’t have them there.

Reactions: vvv

Leprechaun

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019

The hottest I can get the GPU with MSI Kombustor is 78 degree C. The fan can get loud but if you got headphones in, you can’t hear it. I got the card on eBay and it was $250 but I talked the guy down to $230 so not ideal but not too bad in my opinion.

Leprechaun

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019

Here are 3 links to those cards on eBay

• Love

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Here are 3 links to those cards on eBay

Thank you!!