News B550 Mini-ITX Motherboard reviews

Over the coming weeks I'm sure we'll see lots of B550 motherboard reviews appearing, but the Mini-ITX ones are the ones I'm really interested in.

So, if you find a B550 Mini-ITX review then post it here!

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
To start here's one from Guru3D for the Gigabyte B550I Aorus PRO AX:

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
TechPowerUp has a Gigabyte B550I Aorus PRO AX review here:

warpower

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2020
Hello together.

I'm waiting for the ASRocK B550 phantom gaming to be available.

Does anyone know when it will be available in Europe?

Some German stores are already displaying the product, but do not know when it will arrive at the store.

I have all the stuff to assemble my SFF (Streacom Fc9 Alpha) but that motherboard is missing ?

All the best for everyone.

WP

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Seems they are starting to come in stock soon, but with no reviews... it will be hard to decide which one to buy. And when the reviews start to come, the motherboards will be out of stock again. Sigh.

PotatoPowerPlug

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2020
I got the Gigabyte b550i Aorus board and I think that it's a fantastic board, I ran stress test with my 3900x and the vrm is 64c at the hottest (not to mention where i live the climate is pretty warm this time of the year), so I think this can handle even next gen 16 core no problem. The board have no chipset fans and the vrm shared the heatsink with the chipset which I think is brilliant, i kinda hate those small chipset/vrm fan anyway. My only complain is that the board don't have optical spidiff out, I run dedicated amp for my headphone and i prefer optical over usb. So far very good board and well worth it's price. Though availability can be a pain since I have to browse through 7 local dealer to found one that carry them, and I managed to get the last one in stock, and the Asus and MSI versions are even rarer.

PotatoPowerPlug

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2020
Why ? You Can achieve higher bit and sample rate through USB. I too run a dedicated dac/amp (Audio-gd R2R-11) for my headphones (AKG K701/Meze 99 classic) and USB is better than optical or spdif. What DAC/Amp are you using ?
I am using the Aune s7 as amp and Xduoo xd05 plus for Dac. I choose optical because it can ran on battery as dac out for 40hr while usb is only 12, basically i can ran it for 2 days and then charge it over night rather than charge it over night everyday. And I don't want constant plug and play cause it might harm the batteries. The bit rate advantage are minimal between usd and optical anyway.

PotatoPowerPlug

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2020
Why ? You Can achieve higher bit and sample rate through USB. I too run a dedicated dac/amp (Audio-gd R2R-11) for my headphones (AKG K701/Meze 99 classic) and USB is better than optical or spdif. What DAC/Amp are you using ?
I also forgot, my headphones are consist of the Monolith m1570, Beyerdynamic dt1990pro, Fostex t50rp, Unique Melody Mentor v1, Shure se846 and Sony IER z1r. With all of them I found that the bit rate difference between usd (48k) and optical (44.1k) are pretty minimal. Though I am not into dsd yet so maybe thay might make a difference, but Optical is very important for me especially on ITX board which usb ports are fewer than ATX.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
I got the Gigabyte b550i Aorus board and I think that it's a fantastic board, I ran stress test with my 3900x and the vrm is 64c at the hottest (not to mention where i live the climate is pretty warm this time of the year), so I think this can handle even next gen 16 core no problem. The board have no chipset fans and the vrm shared the heatsink with the chipset which I think is brilliant, i kinda hate those small chipset/vrm fan anyway. My only complain is that the board don't have optical spidiff out, I run dedicated amp for my headphone and i prefer optical over usb. So far very good board and well worth it's price. Though availability can be a pain since I have to browse through 7 local dealer to found one that carry them, and I managed to get the last one in stock, and the Asus and MSI versions are even rarer.

I just bought that board. Have you tested the built in headphone amp? It's supposed to sense impedance and adjust automatically. I run USB to my DAC and don't have the same power concerns as you, but I am also curious about Gigabyte's headphone solution. I get mine on Wednesday, so perhaps I can post a comparison of that with my Schiit Val 2 when I get the system up.