ASUS G20AJ barebones startup

randyw

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
I could use some ideas on "off the shelf'' case internals for this SFF. No gamer here. I just like the looks. Anyone know the mobo form factor? I am considering MSI H81I mini itx w/ internal psu. Or...curious if the ASUS model BT1AD internals might be feasible. Can laptop internals work in a SFF case? Anyone care to chip in? My current desktop using less than 50G of 500Gb. I basically shop, read news and mail. I want SATA3 interface. Everything after that is open to low cost factor. Best regards, randyw.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I picked up one of the H97 machines off of woot last year for $400. In my case I was using it for LANs so I ripped out the GTX 750 to put a 780 in it until the ten series cards came out. Can confirm completely custom and pretty tight to work in. There is a dude on YouTube with a ton of videos on working inside the chassis. It's pretty rough.

dinosoar

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks. There appears to plenty of room inside for my usage. The mobo bolt (screw) mounting holes are approx 9" x 8", visual guess. The proprietary mobo has a cutout (maybe 3"x6") in the hard drive area. I would be using an SSD anyway, so that is not an issue. I have no interest in gaming, so I won't be using a GPU card. The bare case came w/ the 2 o.e. case fans. For real, my intention is a "blue plate" special (read that as a low cost) daily surfboard. I just like the looks, people. I won't be using an internal psu. The rear I/O shield is plastic, easy to cut. The front I/O wiring is there, that's a plus. I need a suggestion for a mobo w/ SATA3 & a round power plug for ext. power. Anything between mATX and mini ITX, H67 or later chipset w/ SATA3, 2 core cpu and maybe 4Gb ram. That's it, much obliged.