Are Your Smartphones SFF?

drojasxlt

Chassis Packer
Mar 11, 2016
I'm happily using the Google Pixel. It's the best 5" phone experience I've ever had since the Nexus 5 (which is amazingly still a good phone, btw).

buLL

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, i get your feeling man. I had a Motorola RAZRi (4.3"), and recently changed to a Zenfone 2 (5.5"). Sometimes I miss my old small Motorola. If you dont use your smartphone for heavy apps and games, I really recommend you getting one, great phone, and still has good specs

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I'm rocking an Alcatel Onetouch I got from Walmart for $30 and it's fairly small I think. Good for its price but missing a few things (magnetic sensor for compass apps, camera flash). Battery life is fine if you don't multitask too heavily but it's got storage issues because you can't uninstall stock apps

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
4" iPhone 5S here, no need or desire to upgrade except for maybe the iPhone SE. I think 4" is already too large but apparently I'm a minority. I also have a good tablet to handle the stuff between a phone and a PC, so I see no need for a larger phone. I also don't use any form of social media which is probably why I don't have any desire for a larger phone too.

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
4" iPhone 5S here, no need or desire to upgrade except for maybe the iPhone SE. I think 4" is already too large but apparently I'm a minority. I also have a good tablet to handle the stuff between a phone and a PC, so I see no need for a larger phone. I also don't use any form of social media which is probably why I don't have any desire for a larger phone too.

I have the SE and its a pretty good phone, I'm also on the side that I dont really care much for those extra gigantic phones

I will probably get the iphone 8 though

Reactions: Phuncz

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
social media isn't the only advantage of a bigger phone. I had a 7 inch phone that i used daily for about 9 months, for email and web browsing its great. Using it as a tablet in bed for watching movies on plex was also nice. It wore on the hand after an hour but a tablet would also do the same. It also made me realize that i can't stand most tablets because of the huge bezels. My mediapad x2 7.0 was way smaller than my MiPad 7.9.

I have poor eyesight so it's probably part of the reason i prefer larger phones....

Reactions: SeñorDonut

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 6, 2017
I've got a standard Galaxy S7. I have a big Otter Box case on it because I wanted it to be armored like a tank. I even did this for my first smartphone, the iPhone 5c.

So no, I feel for some things there is such a thing as too SFF. Mostly due to ergonomics and durability.

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I'm using a Galaxy S7, and it's massive compared to my old 1st Gen Moto X, especially with this Spigen case. It's definitely bulky, and it's hard to use with and without the case. Edge palm rejection is really bad when I'm using it one-handed. Wish it was much thinner.

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015
I've got a 5" phone and i want a 4" one with at least 90% screen to body ratio. (most feature phones are an abysmal 70% screen to body ratio, an exception being mi mix which is AMAZING, but way too large for me)

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I'm rocking the Lumia Icon. It's not the smallest in size at 5in but certainly in market share!

Win phone. The only smartphone that is as fast or faster 3 years later with many OS updates. An often overlooked difference especially compared to android.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I was also very happy with my Windows Phone 7 device in the past and still am with the Windows Mobile 8.1 and 10 device at work I have now. Next to an uncertain future and lacking app store, it is still a phone I like using.