Cooling Apogee Drive II help needed

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 2, 2018
I’m planning to start a second SFF build soon (once I can get - another - Ncase M1) and I’m looking into going watercooling this time. I’m almost set on using the Swiftech Apogee II for the convenience of having a small profile without needing a separate reservoir/pump, but I’m unable to find it anywhere available to buy it. So help is needed if anyone could advise me where I could buy one from.

P.S: I have emailed Swiftech but still waiting for a reply.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
@rfarmer i placed the order, thanks again! Now I need to research 240mm radiators and fittings....
Good luck with your build. I had my Ncase originally cooled using the Apogee Drive II and I am currently using it in my Ghost. The pump is PWM controllable and I found that between 25-50% provides plenty of flow and the noise levels are very good. Anything above 60% and the pump becomes audible. Check out Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240, really good radiator.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 2, 2018
I was looking at that radiator and also the hydro x from Corsair. It appears Corsair‘s radiators are made by hardware labs. I might ask your advice soon if you don’t mind. Thanks ?

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 2, 2018
@rfarmer just received the apogee drive II, thanks again for helping me find one. Now I’m researching for fittings. Any advice on (as slim as possible but also quality) quick release ones ?

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Glad to hear you got the Apogee. I have never personally used quick disconnects but I have heard Koolance ones are good, not sure how thin they are in comparison.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 2, 2018
Thanks, ordered 2 x Koolance quick disconnects since as you said they seem very good but also the least restrictive in flow and most compact. I hope they deserve their price :gulp:

Reactions: rfarmer