Anyone ever put together a LANCache?

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
I have been setting up a LANcache to cache all the game updates/downloads/patches that come up at LAN events and at the Lan Center I work for. I have a working cache for Steam, Sony, Origin, Riot, and Wargaming setup and running but I cant seem to get Microsoft working for windows updates and xbox one downloads. At the LAN I work at we usually have 200 pcs and 100 various consoles. The Wii's dont need cached as people only play Smash on them, but it would be nice to be able to cache game updates for the Xbones incase of a game update midway through the events.

Why do a cache? Heres some images of my home network running the steam cache. Its a lot better at the store since I have the hardware for a RAID10 setup and faster network switches.

Before caching:

After caching:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I was going to be looking into this for our next LAN party, when my case project finishes. The Steam cache is of severe advantage to us.

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
I was going to be looking into this for our next LAN party, when my case project finishes. The Steam cache is of severe advantage to us.

Im going to dump my files onto github if you want to take a look at it, I'll post the link when I get github to upload my files (having a wierd issue). Maybe you can see something I can't when you get around to trying it out lol. Just check the readme and you can easily get it going lol :p

Steam, Origin, Sony, and Wargaming will work great, that i can guarantee. Riot needs to be set to use Http if anyone is playing that. Adding more CDN's is simple if they dont use range requests, just look at the files and see what the changes are between them and you can figure out what you need to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz