Anandtech [Anandtech] Compulab Passive Airtop System

Compulab’s Airtop is a compact 7.5-liter desktop system that can dissipate up to 200W of heat using only passive cooling methods. The Airtop utilizes various industry-standard components and can be configured as a gaming PC, a server or a workstation. The system is based on a proprietary motherboard featuring Intel’s C226 platform controller hub (PCH) designed specifically for the Airtop with NAF cooling. The mainboard places CPU socket, DIMM slots, PCI Express x16 slot and other components in a way to enable the most efficient dissipation of heat. To eliminate hot components from the case, the Airtop uses an external PSU with a mini-DIN connector.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9958/compulab-rollsout-passivelycooled-airtop-systems

Reactions: Phuncz

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
it looked so promising right up until "proprietary motherboard"

Reactions: esplin2966

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I laughed when reading
proprietary natural air-flow (NAF) cooling technology

Compulab Marketing: We have developed a new technology and it is patent pending.

The internet: What is it?

Compulab Marketing: We have developed and patented natural air convection and have send a Cease and Desist letter to Mother Nature for stealing our technology!

The internet: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I know it's not like that, but it certainly feels that way :p

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That thing is pretty clever. Of course the concept isn't new at all, but it seems like they executed it quite well. Far out of my price range, though.