News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Thanks for your insight. I will be trying to fit a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 mm CPU cooler on it and from the eyeball test, it looks like the clearance on the Gigabyte is lower than the Asus Rog Strix - and my thermalright fit the latter.

My only concern were the low newegg and amazon reviews for the aorus but I'm assuming those are a handful out of hundreds who have built with the mobo.
Yeah, I'm guessing a ton of people who did builds this summer when the new AMD chips came out went with the Gigabyte since it was the only mini ITX x570 board for a while. I think a lot of mobo reviews probably skew negative on sites like Newegg or Amazon since if its working properly its a component thats pretty easy to forget about whereas if its not working right, it can sink your whole build.

Really, my main negatives for it have been just design features of the board I knew about going in- the number of USB slots on the rear I/O (would have liked more in place of 2 HDMI and a DP slot) and the number of fan headers (overcome with a splitter, so not a big deal). Other than that, its worked great. The chipset fan hasn't been noisy or anything like some people have said and the updated BIOS lets you adjust the fan performance; its got the 2 M.2 slots on it, which have worked great and physically, it seems like a nicely put together and sturdy board.

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
I'm currently in Hong Kong for a holiday (lol) and had a walk around the computer centre in Mong Kok.
I found quite a large price discrepancy for hardware between here and the UK, especially for mobo and CPU.

I was quoted for a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X = 2535HKD which equal around £253. UK price is currently £300
and for a Gigabyte X570 Aorus ITX = 1570HKD which equal £157. UK price is currently £230

Price difference for HK is about £120..!!! and the GBP is worth **** at the moment too.

I normally perfer to buy expensive components at home for warranty purposes but for a £120 saving its hard to say no XD

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
Thanks for your insight. I will be trying to fit a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 mm CPU cooler on it and from the eyeball test, it looks like the clearance on the Gigabyte is lower than the Asus Rog Strix - and my thermalright fit the latter.

My only concern were the low newegg and amazon reviews for the aorus but I'm assuming those are a handful out of hundreds who have built with the mobo.
A lot of the reviews were complaining either about DOA, it dying fast or no video through the motherboard. I would guess that the "high" "DOA" rate in the comments is a combination of people not understanding that their is no onboard GPU on most Ryzen CPU's and it being the first and only mini ITX board for quite a while. Hence a lot of people bought it when ZEN 2 was still new and got to experience launch issues. Reading the reviews is a bit frustrating, since you regularly see that it is a user and not a motherboard error.
Concerning the "dying early problem: On Mindfactory (large German retailer) the board has a 3% RMA rate, which is in line with other boards sold in their store in a similar price range.

Reactions: maped

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Can Someone with The Gigabyte and Strix X570 ITX tell me their chipset temp?? I am becoming mad with mine and the PCH fan at 7000RPM always!!

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Can Someone with The Gigabyte and Strix X570 ITX tell me their chipset temp?? I am becoming mad with mine and the PCH fan at 7000RPM always!!

If you’re referring to the Asus motherboard, may I suggest you check if your board is maybe missing the thermal pads that should be under the heatsink on the chipset and the VRMs. I’ve seen quite a few users reporting their boards came with these thermal pads missing altogether and after sorting this (installing thermal pads) sorted the temps issue.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If you’re referring to the Asus motherboard, may I suggest you check if your board is maybe missing the thermal pads that should be under the heatsink on the chipset and the VRMs. I’ve seen quite a few users reporting their boards came with these thermal pads missing altogether and after sorting this (installing thermal pads) sorted the temps issue.
Mine has it! That's why I don't understand. Latest BIOS, even the M2 and Southbridge forced to work at GEN3, I have 70/75 degrees open bench and 90 degrees under render load. I's insane. My B450 with the same setup stay at 75 degrees under load!

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019

My Gigabyte chipset holds steady at 75c without the fan/heatsink thingy, inside a Velka 5.

Reactions: fabio

Idle2824

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2018

On the Gigabyte Aorus x570 i, my chipset temperature is just over 60 C idling, and I don't think I've seen it go above 80 C under any load. I also removed the fan/heatsink in order to fit my black ridge cooler, but I have a slim 120 mm fan mounted under that, so that provides enough airflow it seems.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yes, I guess the fan helps a lot! I just want to double check IF my temp are "normal" without airflow compared to a Gigabyte X570. Meanwhile I keep My B450 that works so well! But missing the 2 more USB port and a better VRM section.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
UPDATE: I have downgraded the bios to the previous one, and now the chipset temp under load stay at 75 degrees max and the fan spin at 5600rpm max.

These days I willcheck the temp inside a ghost s1!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have a gigabyte mb, and my chipset barely goes over 62 degress under load with a pcie 4 m2 drive on top of it. I have a ncase m1 with a side radiator, so I have a good airflow on that area. While idling it sits at 40 somthing... right now 45 for example, while browsing and listening to music. my pch fan starts at 60 degrees and it spins at 1800 rpm if I remember correclty.

Reactions: fabio

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Looking to upgrade my 8700k to a 3950x - which x570 itx boards support bifurcation for 2 2080tis? does the Asus impact dtx board support it?

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
Looking to upgrade my 8700k to a 3950x - which x570 itx boards support bifurcation for 2 2080tis? does the Asus impact dtx board support it?
The Gigabyte x570 itx supports it according to the online manuel. But I have yet to try it.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The Gigabyte has the bifurcation. The only thing is not clear is if it allows the NVLINK/SLI between the 2 cards. The ITX cards in general doesn't have the SLI certification.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Purchase link:
https://www.centralcomputer.com/asu...aura-sync-rgb-lighting-intel-gigabit-lan.html

I just got a call from Central Computers and I have received some fantastic news! The Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming motherboard just came into stock there as of 5:00 PM EST today, 6/4/2020. It is available for online purchase with immediate shipping to the entire United States. Note that as of this post, there are only 16 available so act now before word spreads.