News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
This was on someone's instagram but has been removed. ???

This would be so cool if it were real.
no chipset tho :(

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
This was on someone's instagram but has been removed. ???

This would be so cool if it were real.
I saw this on reddit it is just the Asrock board with a Byski block.
Yeah, that's clearly nothing more than a large but otherwise normal waterblock - the VRM and chipset heatsinks are both clearly still there, so a monoblock this is not.

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
@Analogue Blacksheep
Dondan said he was able to replace the entire top half of the heatsink with a noctua A4x20 fan using a 10mm M2.5 standoff and reusing the included chipset screws. He said you could also pull it off with spacers.

I might try it myself with a bunch of washers, I suspect it's also possible with a 40x10mm fan since the top half of the heatsink is about a cm thick.

Reactions: CountNoctua

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@Analogue Blacksheep
Dondan said he was able to replace the entire top half of the heatsink with a noctua A4x20 fan using a 10mm M2.5 standoff and reusing the included chipset screws. He said you could also pull it off with spacers.

I might try it myself with a bunch of washers, I suspect it's also possible with a 40x10mm fan since the top half of the heatsink is about a cm thick.
I'd love to see some pictures of that. Sounds like a smart setup. Perhaps there might be room for an m.2 with its own heatsink that way?

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Buildzoid ASrock X570M Pro4 Analysis:

Not ITX I know, but it's the 'only' mATX X570 board out there.........

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
It has. Some pages back, an ASUS representative on their official ROG Discord channel stated a late August to early September release date window. Really, it is kind of disappointing when all the other big names will have been on the market for about a month at that point. There is no word yet on confirmed pricing, though.

Considering what pieces of shit are rest of Asus 570 lineup, maybe its better they take time to pull they shit together and make proper board. I am long asus fan but they suck in 570 game.

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
Have my Gigabyte X570I on the way with a Samsung 970pro plus 250gb M.2 and a WD SN750 500gb M.2 and the Ryzen 3600. The 5700XT is doing good but I have noticed once the card loads up it pulls more power because my PSU fan kicks on sooner than my Vega 56. I have the fan curve set for it to hit 100% at 60c and with that the card does clock really high. I need to email Phanteks about the riser cable and see if it will be fine for PCIe 4.0.

O

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
There's only two to choose from right now as, apparently, the Asus board isn't releasing until September. The IO, number of fan headers, and expansion slots (M.2) are the major differentiating factors.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
There's only two to choose from right now. The IO, number of fan headers, and expansion slots (M.2) are the major differentiating factors.

Okay, so thunderbolt and bifurcation are a must. That limits me to the ASRock board, right?

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
My Gigabyte X570I came in last night with my Ryzen 5 3600 and the M.2 drives. Man, that 30mm fan is TINY!! The board is really heavy for the form factor and looks very well built. Going to rebuild my system this weekend once my fan hub comes in. I need to find the solid copper M.2 heat sinks in my box-o-parts to test fit. Just trying to figure out my SSD/HDD situation for what I need on my system.

O

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
My Gigabyte X570I came in last night with my Ryzen 5 3600 and the M.2 drives. Man, that 30mm fan is TINY!! The board is really heavy for the form factor and looks very well built. Going to rebuild my system this weekend once my fan hub comes in. I need to find the solid copper M.2 heat sinks in my box-o-parts to test fit. Just trying to figure out my SSD/HDD situation for what I need on my system.

O

Does it look like the Heatsink mounting for the chipset is in a traditional square pattern?

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
The Intel mounting looks more like a problem than a solution. Instead of using a supplied cooler, I now have to buy one to use this board. Not cool. ?
Gigabyte was able to get AMD cooling + TWO m.2 mounts. Still leaning toward GB.
Appears MSI and Biostar are only going to release B550 boards (no data supporting this, just my belief)