News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

nick_w

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2017
some motherboards don't support double-sided m.2 ssds, I have an ASRock b350 itx and this ssd

even without the heatsink bracket the chips on the underside would interfere with the smd's on the motherboard.
so you might want to check if the motherboard supports doublesided m.2drives.

sorry a bit off-topic
so instead of returning it like maybe i shouldhave done, I did this
I bought some weird m.2 to m.2 adapter from ebay to raise it from the mb so that it could fit.
but it wouldn't fit with the heatsink bracket so modified a heatsink from some serverboard and made a rail that grips the side of the ssd.
its been working well for over a year now, temps range from 50c-64c 70 under stress with crystal mark.

this is basically what decided me to build my own case just to fit the ssd XD
made from 3 aluminium server rack-style electronic enclosures,
the side with vents is where the motherboard is, and the side without vents is a compartment behind the motherboard that contains the ssd, psu and hdds

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
It's a shame that the ASRock board doesn't have a USB 3.2 Gen 2 2x2--or whatever the hell it's called--header. Otherwise it would have been almost perfect.

Side note USB gets the award for the most obtuse and confusing names in this industry.
why??? USB 3.2 Gen 2 2x2 (*facepalm*) doesnt even exist yet!

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
just received an email saying newegg has the gigabyte x570 itx motherboard back in stock. i jumped on that.
So YOU are the one that bought the board I wanted to buy.................LOL J/K. I got the email that the board was in stock and when I went to buy it was already out of stock again. Bummer. Oh well, I have my 5700XT coming in today to distract me for a while.

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
Honestly the Asrock board just looks underwhelming... granted thunderbolt on AMD, on an ITX board is amazing... but I don't know if I need it... and to lose the second M.2... and to have weird mounting.... I'm just too hesitant to buy it, so I went with the gigabyte board. I will be looking out for reviews though, because Asrock itx boards were my goto after Asus continually screwed me over too many times with being slow to release, broken/buggy software, and refusing continually to support bifurcation.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I wish EVGA made AMD boards.

hot take:

they should make a subsidiary brand for amd products and then spin it off like asus did with asrock. in truth evga has been moving away from the itx enthusiast space for years now. they were always late to market with their itx boards and they were regularly behind on features for them. they only released an h370 itx board for 8th and 9th gen intel and they were all over the "2.75" slot cards when turing dropped. they sold less than they expected of their hadron air and hadron hydro cases and i suspect that, combined with being regularly late to market with itx boards, soured them on sff. if asrock can fill the amd itx gpu space like zotac and others do with intel cards, then they will be the premium all-around amd brand going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rmorrison

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I don't understand why they need to add RGB lighting things that I don't really like it. Which X570 ITX motherboard doesn't use RGB? Too many functionalities.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I don't understand why they need to add RGB lighting things that I don't really like it. Which X570 ITX motherboard doesn't use RGB? Too many functionalities.

Because for the percentage of people who don't like RGB there's the option of disabling/not using it, and for those who do it's a nice feature. Makes more sense for the companies to make an RGB version that two versions solely for the curmudgeons/cheapskates (I'm teasing :p) who are galled by the tiny increase in options and price to the board.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Can’t wait to see you stuff it! What’s your planned build?
i went ham to say the least. i got a evga 2080 ti ftw3 ultra still waiting on the 3900x to get restocked. 16gb ram 3600 cl16 (i bought what is said to be B die) 2 tb ssd x2, 1 tb nvme x2, corsair sf750, nzxt kraken x62 and 4 noctua nf-a14 plus custom cables. still looking for a monitor. im going from 720p to 4k baby! all in a sliger sm580.

im coming from a i5-2400 and a gtx680.

Last edited: