GPU AMD Dual Fiji Card In VR Demo

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
So AMD is showing a dual Fiji card in a Falcon NW Tiki:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-teases-pcs-with-radeon-fury-x2-dual-fiji-gpus.html

There really isn't space for AIO liquid cooling in the Tiki, so I'm thinking the card is available with an air cooler (two Nano coolers?). There is a possibility they have a complete custom liquid cooling loop that wouldn't be too dissimilar from this but I would think this is highly improbable as Falcon NW doesn't do custom liquid cooling and the internal layout of the Tiki doesn't have a similarly open space to place the pump. I would also guess they are using a pre-production 650W SFX PSU, but they have managed to power an overclocked Titan Z and i7 CPU with a 600W unit in the past.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
It seems to me that there is plenty of space for AIO cooling. Firstly, the card looks to be short enough to me that there is enough space for an AIO in front of it, and there's also plenty of space above the CPU, as FNW is already using an AIO there.

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
They have the one radiator for the CPU directly above it, yes, but they need to keep using that for the CPU. I also don't think there would be enough space behind the GPU to support a 120mm radiator...the dual Fiji card looks a bit longer than a mITX GPU and I'm not sure a 120mm radiator could adequately cool two Fiji chips, either.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Not sure whether an AIO has to be used for the CPU, I could imagine a passive cooler that sits right underneath the fan of the GPUs AIO would suffice, but you're probably right in that a single 120 rad is not enough for the FuryX2 as a whole. If they modified the case design, they would be able to fit a 240 or 280mm rad on the side where the CPU AIO is now, but I don't think they've done that.

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
I don't think there is space for a 240 or 280...they are barely able to fit a 120 with a slim fan in there as it is. The GPU pretty much occupies the entire upper portion with only enough space for a slim ODD and SSD's to fit (no more than 26mm of thickness, which is pretty much the minimum radiator thickness, excluding the fan). Toward the front is the SFX PSU with an HDD stacked over it (again no more than 26mm thickness). I think the only option is directly over the GPU with a water block on it; who knows, maybe AMD (or a supplier in legal turmoil with Asetek) is changing the position of the pump to the radiator and putting a single-slot block on the card.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yes, that's what I meant. Flip the GPU around, put a single-slot block on it, and suddenly you've got enough space for a 280mm rad over the motherboard and the GPU. The pump and res would sit in front of the GPU.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, that's what I meant. Flip the GPU around, put a single-slot block on it, and suddenly you've got enough space for a 280mm rad over the motherboard and the GPU.

That's how I'd do it.

The pump and res would sit in front of the GPU.

I'd imagine that they'd integrate both into the loop if they could, though, right? Easier to install, takes up less space, and probably costs less to boot.