GPU AFOX makes a GeForce RTX 4090 for SFF (It's a blower)

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
While blower coolers have almost completely disappeared from gaming graphics cards over the past few years, AFOX has made one for the RTX 4090.

This gives the option for RTX 4090 performance in a 2 slot, standard height card, that's also surprisingly short. 266.5 x 111 x 37.5mm according to their specs.

AFOX RTX 4090 - Geforce RTX 40 Series - AFOX (afox-corp.com)

No idea what pricing and availability will be like, but I'm happy the option exists.

Reactions: tinyitx and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
How they made a functioning 2-slot RTX 4090 with 450W TDP is beyond me. I would expect the fan to be either audible to the neighbours or it's going to hit its thermal limit constantly.

Reactions: AlexTSG and rfarmer

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How they made a functioning 2-slot RTX 4090 with 450W TDP is beyond me. I would expect the fan to be either audible to the neighbours or it's going to hit its thermal limit constantly.
I bet the noise is not irrelevant or cared much by the target market, which undoubtedly would include the miners. The fact that it is a 2-slot blower design should catch the attention of those mining farms.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah I didn't realise GPU mining was still a thing, then it makes sense.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I was also thinking this could get rather loud, although they may have kept the noise levels under control by choosing thermal throttling instead.

I guess we won't know until someone gets their hands on one and tests it.

I have to admit that I'd be tempted to put one into the Louqe Ghost S1 case I have boxed up and waiting to be built into, although I had planned on waiting for the GeForce 50 series cards for that build.

Reactions: dealda

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

It would be an interesting test. The general consensus I've read seems to be that all the 3-slot+ coolers for 4080 and 4090 are overspecc'd