Image Credit – Asus

Do you have $1,650 US Dollars to spend on a GPU? Neither do I. However, for those that want to pay RTX 4090 prices for an RTX 4080 you can now buy the 4-Slot  Asus RTX 4080 Noctua OC.
I’m not going to list this as a news post because there is absolutely no way I can keep opinion out of this overpriced owl face.
Look, I like Noctua. I really do. The L9 series coolers have been my go-to for SFF cooling. Their fans are top notch. Even the huge NH-D15 is worth the money at $109 it typically retails for. It’s not a value king, but one could justify it.  I also like Asus. I use their boards all the time thanks to...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Kaji

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Save the money, watercool a card if quiet is important. This is a brand marketing exercise.

Noctua has always stood for performance and silence.. I do wonder if the shareholders have been getting a little pushy and diluting the brand.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Save the money, watercool a card if quiet is important. This is a brand marketing exercise.

Noctua has always stood for performance and silence.. I do wonder if the shareholders have been getting a little pushy and diluting the brand.

I'm certain Noctua has some influence on the pricing with Asus. No way they can't make a phone call on it and raise some hell. That said, I've been monitoring Asus prices a lot and I've been watching them continuously raise prices on their ITX boards for the last 3 years. Currently their Strix...yes STRIX.... ITX Z790i is sitting at $469 US dollars on New Egg. Anandtech reviewed the Asus Z390i Strix in 2019 at $210.

It's true that the board has increased in complexity since 2019, but not enough to warrant a doubling of prices.