Advice on my first build [H1]

lnava

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jun 16, 2020
Hello friends!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am currently awaiting the parts for my very first build. Yes, this is my first time building a PC ever. I went for NZXT's H1 as I learned from reviews that it is one of the most beginner friendly cases. I had a budget of $2K and these are the parts that friends and family who have built their own PC's recommended:

I learned that with PC parts they can be in stock right now and gone in a minute, that's why I ordered these right away and decided I can just return later. I'd also very much rather pay for retail than these insane aftermarket prices! I basically just need advice on whether the parts I have are good enough and compatible with each other to provide optimal performance for the price. I'm mainly concerned about to motherboard as its a new model and I'm not entirely sure if it's the better choice for the GPU + CPU combination I have. Also some of my friends recommended I go for 3600 speed RAM but some said 3200 is good enough. Please do let me know what you think! Also, just for reference in case you were wondering what games I will be playing with a rig like this, mostly triple A titles, I'm also very much looking forward to Cyberpunk later this year!

Thank you! And may you stay safe and healthy!

shanyu591

Efficiency Noob
Jun 18, 2020
Why the pcpartpicker list says 3990x+2080s??? These ones you pick are too good for H1. Say the cooling system on H1 won't be enough for them... I will recommend to get 3700x or 3800x. And 2070 super for graphic card. Differences on RAM frequency only showed on gaming, basic no difference when you just browse webpages or watch YouTube. Go 32GB (2x16GB) will be much more helpful than getting higher frequency ones. By the way, H1 case only fit low profile RAM, don't get those tall ones. And also there seems to have a limit for graphic card too, better check it out before you buy. Put the link of the list I pick for you. I didn't change the mother board because I'm not that familiar with AMD's. And also I didn't pick the RAM since I don't know which ones will fit in H1.

3800x+2070s - pcpartpicker