[Advice] NCase M1 Build Advice

showmanKnee

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 25, 2020
Hello,

First time poster here, but I'm looking for some advice on my build. I'm building this for animation and gaming. I checked this against PC Part Picker and there was no compatibility issues, but putting it together is another story. Would I run into any issues like space and heat? Thanks!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact Mini DTX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Case: NCASE M1 Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 29.72 CFM 92 mm Fan x4

mickvwijk

Caliper Novice
Apr 11, 2020
Nice build specs, will be building my M1 this week based on an intel 10700K and RX 5700XT.

You should be able to fit all of it in there, just curious though why you are looking at the SF600 over say the SF750? And also why you decided to go with the NF-A9x14 fans vs 120mm's in the bottom?

You can check the GPU compatibility here.

Good luck on the build.

jfamiens

Cable Smoosher
May 2, 2020
Hi ShowmanKnee,

I received today my Ncase M1, few items are on their way like 3x Noctua NF-9U, the Ryzen 3900X , Corsai SF750 and the motherboard (Gigabyte x570). Question for you : why did you choose the Kraken X53 ? I have not yet selected my CPU cooler, reason why i'm asking

Thanks

showmanKnee

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 25, 2020
Hi ShowmanKnee,

I received today my Ncase M1, few items are on their way like 3x Noctua NF-9U, the Ryzen 3900X , Corsai SF750 and the motherboard (Gigabyte x570). Question for you : why did you choose the Kraken X53 ? I have not yet selected my CPU cooler, reason why i'm asking

Thanks

I picked the X53 because it made sense to use a larger radiator for the side panel and then use the Noctua fans to conserve space.

Nice build specs, will be building my M1 this week based on an intel 10700K and RX 5700XT.

You should be able to fit all of it in there, just curious though why you are looking at the SF600 over say the SF750? And also why you decided to go with the NF-A9x14 fans vs 120mm's in the bottom?

You can check the GPU compatibility here.

Good luck on the build.

SF600 is a smidge cheaper that I've found. I wasn't sure if normal sized fans would fit the bottom, so I decided to use all the same fans.

mickvwijk

Caliper Novice
Apr 11, 2020
SF600 is a smidge cheaper that I've found. I wasn't sure if normal sized fans would fit the bottom, so I decided to use all the same fans.

Yes the SF600 is a little cheaper, just asking because you've got a pretty powerful build and might improve the efficiency as well as give you long term headroom.

The M1 fits 120mm's in the bottom, I'm putting in 2x Nf-A12x15 Noctua's not sure if you can actually mount the 92mm's in the bottom but it looks like you could, will test fit my A9x14 in there for you today if you like.

mickvwijk

Caliper Novice
Apr 11, 2020
Yes the SF600 is a little cheaper, just asking because you've got a pretty powerful build and might improve the efficiency as well as give you long term headroom.

The M1 fits 120mm's in the bottom, I'm putting in 2x Nf-A12x15 Noctua's not sure if you can actually mount the 92mm's in the bottom but it looks like you could, will test fit my A9x14 in there for you today if you like.

So I just test fitted the 92mm fan in the bottom of the M1 for curiosity's sake.

You can definitely mount 92's in the bottom although you will have to mount them to the bottom shroud/intake panel instead of the fan/rad mounting rails. As for the number of fans you can mount in the bottom, you can easily fit two of the 92's or two 120's, and if you really wanted to you could fit three 92's in there, however, that would mean removing the front IO and only being able to mount the 3rd or both outer fans with two screws unless you want to start drilling. With the three 92's you will also have trouble sticking the dust filter on there.

I hope this helps.